Celine Goberville in the final Air Pistol

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

gerhard

Celine Goberville in the final Air Pistol

Post by gerhard »

Hello everybody

Happy to inform you that our French Pistol Shooter Celine Goberville is in the final of the Air Pistol 10m.

Final at 11:45 in London

If someone is able to record the TV, because in France it's not possible.

Belle performance de Celine au Pistolet 10m. qui se qualifie pour la finale :

3me à l’issue du match de qualification, doublé par Kostevich sur le dernier plomb au nombre de mouches.

387 : 96 – 98 – 96 – 97

Durant tout son match Celine a totalisé toujours le plus grande nombre de mouches, elle en totalise 13 mais sera doublée en fin de match..

Finale à 12h45 … on croise les doigts.

GA
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

Céline has invented the sub-discipline of "rapidfire air pistol". Brilliant performance so far. :-)

Alexander
gerhard

London 2012 - Celine took the silver in AP 10m

Post by gerhard »

Hello

Happy to said that Celine Goberville won the silver medal in the AP 10m.

The first medal for the France.

www.celinegoberville.fr

Celine prend la deuxième place en finale du Pistolet 10m. 387 + 99,6

Bravo Céline pour nous offrir cette première médaille Française aux JO de Londres.
Russ

Post by Russ »

Great job!
Congratulation!

I am personally impressed with the psychological aspect of this development.
gn303

Post by gn303 »

I join Russ: hat off for the achievement of Miss Goberville.
I do regret however that her performance (the first medal won for France in these Olympics) wasn't even mentioned on the 1 o'clock news on the French television, nor in the following news bulletins!
How well must shooters perform to do to draw the attention of the journalists?
Anyway: well done Miss Goberville!
Guy
djsomers

Post by djsomers »

I just watched the replay on the web and she really did incredible. She was in 1st going into the 10th shot but ended up tied for second. Under all the pressure of the shoot out, she nailed it for the silver. Well done!

I got tense just watching the replay! I am in awe of all the shooters for their ability to metally focus under that kind of pressure.

I have discovered that shooting is 98% mental and the other 50% is in your head.
gn303

Post by gn303 »

In addition to my earlier mail: FR2 transmitted a long interview with Céline as well as a report filmed on location in her home club while training. Later in the evening FR3 aired part of the earlier interview with a direct link to interview Céline on the spot in London.
I was pleased to see someone that happy!
The real mental test has still to come, Sport Pistol! From the news letters I had the impression that she was more concentrated on the 25 m than on the 10 m. But what she realized no one can take from her, whatever comes is an extra.
Congratualtions and good luck!
Guy