Remove stock from Walther LG300XT alutec

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Maxicooper

Remove stock from Walther LG300XT alutec

Post by Maxicooper »

How dificult it is to remove stock from Walther LG300XT alutec. Any special step/care that I should concern about. Please advise.

Thank you.
RobinC

Post by RobinC »

Very simple, loosen the handrest and slide forward, undo the front action screw which is under that, undo the front barrel guide screw from under neath, undo the two side action screws which are visible in the stock above the trigger, and voile, just lift it out.
Good shooting
Robin
Maxicooper

Post by Maxicooper »

RobinC wrote:Very simple, loosen the handrest and slide forward, undo the front action screw which is under that, undo the front barrel guide screw from under neath, undo the two side action screws which are visible in the stock above the trigger, and voile, just lift it out.
Good shooting
Robin
Thanks Robin. Btw, is there any torque spec that I should follow?
cmj

Post by cmj »

Lift out VERY carefully, there is a little piece of plastic with a hook on the end to hold a spring, That hook is real easy to break off, Trigger doesn't work when no spring. been there done that. I now have several of them. Other than that very easy.
Maxicooper

Post by Maxicooper »

cmj wrote:Lift out VERY carefully, there is a little piece of plastic with a hook on the end to hold a spring, That hook is real easy to break off, Trigger doesn't work when no spring. been there done that. I now have several of them. Other than that very easy.
Will definitely be very careful. :-p

Would the action from Alutec model easily fit into other Walther stock, Anatomic, Laminated or Universal?

I have a spare laminated stock for LG300xt, and would like to try the rifle with the stock.
cmj

Post by cmj »

Should go right in with no problem. With a little work will even go into the LG 400 stock
RobinC

Post by RobinC »

There is no torque setting, the factory techs just pinch by hand, I do a firm pinch with the long end of the allen key, but it does not need any real tension.
The action will fit any other LG 300 stock some don't use the side screws but have a back action screw which the action is tapped for. The 300 is a straight drop in on the 400 stock but the other way the 300 stock requires some slight mods to accept the 400 action. You will need the LG300XT black plastic barrel support as the Alutec one will not fit, not sure if the barrel grove for the O ring is in the right place but I think it is.
My wife uses an LG400 action in a LG300 Junior laminated stock as she had the Junior weighted and ballanced to exactly where she wanted it but prefered the LG400 action. It required the stock slightly inletting to clear the 400 loading lever pivot, the barrel grove being recut in a different location and we made an alloy sleeve to cover the existing grove, and a slight addition of weights to return the ballance to her satisfaction. It is a superb special that shoots beautifully.
Good shooting
Robin