Anschutz air pistols

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
toddinjax

Anschutz air pistols

Post by toddinjax »

It appears that Anschutz is not making air pistols now, but I know I've seen discontinued models on Pilkguns site. Why is it that no one here ever mentions them, and I never seem to see them in buy/sell/trade? Just wondering....?
Rover

Post by Rover »

I wonder myself; they're just Steyrs in disguise.
caa028

Post by caa028 »

Anschutz and Steyr are the same company now (one owns the other) - that probably explains why they discontinued the LP@ which is essentially the same gun as Steyr LP10 without barrel shroud and with extra weight bar.
Are you looking for one or just curious?
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

On my LP10 pistol manufactured in 2010, I noticed that the frame of the pistol was stamped with the Anschütz name on it.

I wouldn't be surprised if the "Steyr" barrels are made by Anschütz as well.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Anschutz owns a part of Steyr Sportwaffen GmbH, I think it was 49% when they bought the whole thing out of Steyr Mannlicher AG, but memory may fail there (about the %, not about the fact that Anschutz is a shareholder). The LP@ is definitely a early series LP10, without barrel shroud, but a different comp, and the additional weights. At the beginning, the grips were not absolutely identical, but I've no idea whether they kept that up. So it's not that Anschutz is a supplier of Steyr, but the other way round. I'd be very surprised if the barrels were made by Steyr or Anschutz themselves, a big part of the market buys Lothar Walther barrels nowadays.
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

Tycho wrote:Anschutz owns a part of Steyr Sportwaffen GmbH, I think it was 49% when they bought the whole thing out of Steyr Mannlicher AG, but memory may fail there (about the %, not about the fact that Anschutz is a shareholder). The LP@ is definitely a early series LP10, without barrel shroud, but a different comp, and the additional weights. At the beginning, the grips were not absolutely identical, but I've no idea whether they kept that up. So it's not that Anschutz is a supplier of Steyr, but the other way round. I'd be very surprised if the barrels were made by Steyr or Anschutz themselves, a big part of the market buys Lothar Walther barrels nowadays.
If memory serves me correct, Lothar Walther barrels are produced only by the button forged method while the Steyr barrels are presented as cold hammered forged barrels...
ruig

Post by ruig »

Tycho wrote:I think it was 49%
48,7% + 2%

http://www.firmenabc.at/steyr-sport-gmbh_EutV
toddinjax

Post by toddinjax »

caa028 wrote:Anschutz and Steyr are the same company now (one owns the other) - that probably explains why they discontinued the LP@ which is essentially the same gun as Steyr LP10 without barrel shroud and with extra weight bar.
Are you looking for one or just curious?
Mostly curious, knowing how respected their rifles are, it just seemed odd to never see them for sale used or even mentioned.
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

At one time, Swiss Arms Manufacture (SAM) also sold a pistols with/through Anschutz. I believe M5 and M10 were the model numbers,