New Air Pistol Pros and Cons

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Isabel1130

New Air Pistol Pros and Cons

Post by Isabel1130 »

I currently don't shoot much air pistol in competition but shoot a lot at home. Since I am primarily a conventional pistol shooter, I want to be able to make my air pistol as similar as possible to my conventional pistol, within reason.
I currently have both an LP10 and an LP50 and for the last several years have been more partial to the LP50 for a couple of reasons. First, it has a shorter sight radius, and also it seems to balance better. I also like the roll trigger which I think works well for me. I would just shoot this, but the bullseye trigger is four pounds and I think in competition, lighter would be better.
I am thinking about going to a short for both better balance and a more adjustable sight radius, but I dont see many air pistols in person that I can try.
Other than a shorter adjustable sight radius, and ability to make the trigger roll, I would like it to adjust from about 500 to at least 1500 grams. i also don't want the pistol to be naturally muzzle heavy. lighter is better, and what weight there is should mostly be over my hand, or just in front of it. An e trigger would be ok as long as it is good and adjustable. I am left handed so I need to really narrow this down a lot before I sell or trade my LP10 for something else. Any comments or suggestions appreciated.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Buy a FWB 65.

Light/heavy switch on the trigger, recoil/no recoil adjustment.

I believe the early right hand grips can easily be filed to left hand or ambidextrous if lefties can't be found. Neal Stepp at ISS has left hand grips to fit the model 90 that could perhaps be altered.
john_almighty

Re: New Air Pistol Pros and Cons

Post by john_almighty »

Isabel1130 wrote:I currently don't shoot much air pistol in competition but shoot a lot at home. Since I am primarily a conventional pistol shooter, I want to be able to make my air pistol as similar as possible to my conventional pistol, within reason.
I currently have both an LP10 and an LP50 and for the last several years have been more partial to the LP50 for a couple of reasons. First, it has a shorter sight radius, and also it seems to balance better. I also like the roll trigger which I think works well for me. I would just shoot this, but the bullseye trigger is four pounds and I think in competition, lighter would be better.
I am thinking about going to a short for both better balance and a more adjustable sight radius, but I dont see many air pistols in person that I can try.
Other than a shorter adjustable sight radius, and ability to make the trigger roll, I would like it to adjust from about 500 to at least 1500 grams. i also don't want the pistol to be naturally muzzle heavy. lighter is better, and what weight there is should mostly be over my hand, or just in front of it. An e trigger would be ok as long as it is good and adjustable. I am left handed so I need to really narrow this down a lot before I sell or trade my LP10 for something else. Any comments or suggestions appreciated.
How about a walther cpm1 ... I have bought one as i suffer from wrist injury and found muzzle heavy guns hard to shoot. Most of the gun weight is around the trigger. You can shift weight forward using the under barrel weight. The gun feels very well balanced. Also similiar is the fwb c25. I think the fwb has a multi shot version as well. Only issue is that these are all co2 guns if you care about that.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Why not go for a short Steyr? I'm shooting a LP50e Compact, and very happy with it. If you go for a short LP50, you could reuse your grip. It's even possible to put the short barrel and tanks on a normal LP50, bit expensive, but works.
chuckjordan

hard to reply to

Post by chuckjordan »

Let us know what model you are using in conventional pistol. Since that's your starting point.