Morini CM 162EI electronics and grip doubt

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
narayanan

Morini CM 162EI electronics and grip doubt

Post by narayanan »

Is there any difference between the electronics of the CM 162ei fixed grip model
and the CM 162ei adjustable grip model ? For the Steyr LP10 E, I know the grip can be
adjusted because they use wires. But, for the Morini, i think an adjustable grip really
seems impossible unless they change the electronics. Please clear my doubt with a
detailed explanation.
Attachments
CM 162ei electronic module
CM 162ei electronic module
54.jpg (51.3 KiB) Viewed 5080 times
Steyr LP 10 E electronic module
Steyr LP 10 E electronic module
Steyr_LP10E.jpg (45.47 KiB) Viewed 5080 times
David Levene

Re: Morini CM 162EI electronics and grip doubt

Post by David Levene »

narayanan wrote:Is there any difference between the electronics of the CM 162ei fixed grip model
and the CM 162ei adjustable grip model ? For the Steyr LP10 E, I know the grip can be
adjusted because they use wires. But, for the Morini, i think an adjustable grip really
seems impossible unless they change the electronics. Please clear my doubt with a
detailed explanation.
I think you'll find that when Morini refer to an "adjustable grip" they mean that the palm shelf is adjustable. The main body of the grip does not move in relation to the frame or electronics.
narayanan

Post by narayanan »

Thank you for the answer & are you absolutely sure about this bro ?
LukeP

Post by LukeP »

absolutely, or go in the shop to see yourself.
john_almighty

Post by john_almighty »

I have used the electronic morini with the grip as in your photo, dont know if morini now makes it differently. But you cannot move the grip in that one, only palm shelf which i found a bit annoying from a new ap.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

What do you mean by "new AP"? The 162 has been built pretty much unchanged (not counting small stuff like removable cylinders) since 1992...
john_almighty

Post by john_almighty »

Tycho wrote:What do you mean by "new AP"? The 162 has been built pretty much unchanged (not counting small stuff like removable cylinders) since 1992...
I meant by new ap, as in if you putting a new set of electronic trigger unit, more like an upgrade if are getting technical. But i prefer the electronic of steyr, so i havent seen the new titanium morini and hence do not know if that uses wire to make the grip more adjustable.
ghostrip

Post by ghostrip »

the only 162e i hav seen with small electronics is this..
http://toz35.blogspot.gr/2010/08/morini ... ronic.html
the standard 162e as sold by the factory have only the palm self adjustable.
the 162m on the other hand has grip rake adjustability.
Morini could easily have built a smaller circuit and mount it with wires like steyr or matchguns does. perhaps when they introduce the 162e successor they will add more adjustment to the grip of the electronic model
scausi

grip

Post by scausi »

Even though Morini grips fit most people,s hand without modifying them , they wont fit everybody,s hand, if you are worried about the grip on the Morini change to a rink or knull grip, orthopedic grips just follow the general contour of the hand , and you will find all the top shooters have their grips made to fit their hand. And yes you can adjust the Styer via the frame so the grip sits on a cant left or right and up or down front to back, but for a true fit in the hand they need to be modified,, my 2 cents,
I had a styer lp1 for 7 years then i upgraded to the Morini electronic 162 ei
i had the Styer adjusted with the frame screws so the sights lined to to the optimun with no adjustments reqiured via my wrist , but the Morini sits better in my hand and it feels better balanced to me not so front end heavy as the Steyr,due to the lack of the barrel shround found on the Styer,
narayanan

CM 162ei grip adjustment

Post by narayanan »

I asked the doubt about the grip to Morini and they sent me this Photo.
Attachments
Adjustable & Fixed grips
Adjustable & Fixed grips
scausi

grip

Post by scausi »

Ok you are either asking the question wrong , or you have no clue, the Steyr grip is adjustable via the palm shelf and the frame , and the Morini is only adjustable via the palm shelf, which has 2 scews holding it on that can slide up or down to fit the hand like every other air pistol on the market.