Lighter Pardini SP sear spring

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
jabberwo

Lighter Pardini SP sear spring

Post by jabberwo »

Hi,

I've got a Pardini SP I'm going to shoot in a free pistol match this summer. I can have as light a trigger as I want for that match. But I can not get the first stage of the trigger to get below 1 lb 10 oz! I've backed out the PP screw entirely, and still the first stage weight is that high. I don't like that even for my gallery matches. According to the manual the first stage weight is controlled by the PP screw (removed) and the sear spring, which is non-adjustable.

Is this 1st stage weight, sear spring alone, normal for a Pardini SP's? Are there replacement springs available that are lighter?

thanks,
Chuck
networkguy3

SP first stage

Post by networkguy3 »

My trigger is set for the second state at 2 lb 1 oz, and my first stage is LOTS lighter than that. I'll put a scale on it when I get home tonight, but I'd be surprised if it is over 6 oz. There must be something else strange going on for your first stage to be that heavy. I have not seen replacement springs for the SP.
orionshooter

Post by orionshooter »

It is quite possible you are trying to accomplish something the gun was not designed to do... Round peg in a square hole comes to mind.
jabberwo

Post by jabberwo »

You right, and I don't expect to get it down to a 30 gram trigger or anything close to it. But 1 lb 10 oz 1st stage is just too much even for gallery matches. Don Nygord for example recommended you split your total weight between1st and 2nd stages -- he called it "self calibrating".
networkguy3

First stage weight

Post by networkguy3 »

Well, I have a first stage that is relatively short so measuring it was not trivial, but it is under 8 oz. Remember, the first stage ends when the nose of the trigger comes into contact with the ball which is on top of the CS / PS screw. I also remember when I was doing some early playing with my SP trigger, I was able to get it to fire at 1 lb without doing anything besides lowering the weight of the second stage.

There are great Pardini SP diagrams for the trigger adjustment here:
http://www.targettalk.org/viewtopic.php?t=19268
networkguy3

Pardini SP first stage

Post by networkguy3 »

Well, I took a little more time tonight and tried again to measure the first stage weight, and I can get the trigger nose down on the ball for the end of the first stage at 3.8 oz according to my Layman trigger guage.