Looking for a Hardball / Service Pistol

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

GCSInc

Looking for a Hardball / Service Pistol

Post by GCSInc »

Anyone looking to move a good Hardball gun / Service Pistol match gun?

I'm brand new, so entry level would be fine.

Thanks,

Roy
Last edited by GCSInc on Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
ChuckS1

Post by ChuckS1 »

I have one built on an Essex frame and Colt frame that got me started and is my current backup for 2700 matches. I'd let it go for $650, plus shipping.
ghillieman

Post by ghillieman »

I went the long way around thinking I could save money and make it the way I like it. Bought a Colt Gold Cup series 80 and switched out the parts and did my own gunsmithing. I works really well...... now. But I've got just as much money in it as a Les Baer Hardball gun. If I could do it all over again I would wait and find a Clark Custom floating around or drop the money on a good one from a good BE gunsmith. It's worth it to be able to say that bad shot was me, not the gun.
GCSInc

Sounds LIke Good Advice!

Post by GCSInc »

Thanks Ghillieman...
GCSInc

Found One!

Post by GCSInc »

Found an old girl, but she can still dance. Looks like I'll need a few parts. Anyone have an extra set of grips?

Roy
Attachments
1911_hardball_shooter,_left_side.jpeg
1911_hardball_shooter,_right_side.jpeg
AmishEskimoNinja

Post by AmishEskimoNinja »

I have been contemplating buying a Springfield Range Officer. All you have to do to it is switch out the beavertail and the hammer to make it legal for distinguished.
RMinUT

Post by RMinUT »

AmishEskimoNinja wrote:I have been contemplating buying a Springfield Range Officer. All you have to do to it is switch out the beavertail and the hammer to make it legal for distinguished.
sorry, but the frame is altered to allow the beavertail and that makes the gun illegal for CMP matches. Buy the basic mil-spec and send to a true bullseye 'smith.
swehrman

Post by swehrman »

The CMP recently changed the rules to allow frames that are modified for the beavertail safety. From the latest CMP rulebook.
A M1911 pistol with a beavertail grip safety may not be used, however, a pistol that has been modified for a beavertail safety may be used if the beavertail safety is replaced with an as-issued grip safety.
-- Scott