Does anyone use these kind of front sights?

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Super Dave

Does anyone use these kind of front sights?

Post by Super Dave »

Hi,

I know these are not traditional for bullseye. But, I was wondering how something like this would work?

The only reason I ask is that I contacted David Sams about building a range gun and he asked what kind of front sight I preferred...and one of the options was ramped, serrated with the fiber optic. In explaining further he said one of the persons he builds for is a top competitor likes having a fiber optic in the front sight because it gives them something to focus on. (I assumed the person he was talking about shot bullseye.)

I have no idea if the sight he was talking about is similar to the one in the photo. But, it made me wonder about fiber optic sights since I thought fiber optic sights were more for speed rather than accuracy.

Thanks,
Dave
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

You should call back David Sams and ask him what discipline that sight works well in. He builds for a lot of other disciplines besides just Bullseye. i believe it would not be a legal sight for a LEG match, and in conventional pistol most use a red dot scope, as you stated.
Super Dave

Post by Super Dave »

Thank you. I decided to go with Dave Salyer due to a faster build time and didn't want to waste any more of Dave Sam's time.

Sounds like it wasn't bullseye. Thanks,
Dave
yana

Post by yana »

Those are fitted on mány non-match airrifles. I have found them quite useless, unléss you shoot with full light on them.
When there's no light on them, they're just as dark as normal sights imo.
Greg Derr

Post by Greg Derr »

That's a Dawson fiber optic sight, standard on a lot of IDPA and USPSA guns. Could be used for NRA bullseye, but not for CMP hardball.
Super Dave

Post by Super Dave »

Thank you Greg.
Dave

PS. I like your web site. Very professional design.