Dot sights in AP's

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
renzo

Dot sights in AP's

Post by renzo »

Excuse my ignorance, but I've been seeing quite a number of offers from people selling Olympic AP's with dot sights on, also some Standard Pistols like the Hammerli 280 or Sig P-240.

Which is the use or application of such devices?? Is there in the US a shooting discipline that allows those sights?? Only out of curiosity, as there is none in my country.

Thanks
Rover

Post by Rover »

You can use them on air pistols in Metallic Silhouette, plinking, or practice for Bullseye (2700) pistol. You can use them on any pistol for the 2700.

I think most are in use by plinkers and 2700 shooters. I use one on my .22 pistol for Bullseye.
jpsIII

Post by jpsIII »

Virtually all league shooters in U.S. .22 Gallery (50-foot indoor) National Match Course now use dot sights...though some spectacular scores have been fired with iron sights over the many years of this style of competition.
renzo

Post by renzo »

Thanks to both of you for the clarification.

I never saw a match where they were allowed, so the question.

Once again, isn't the carefuly designed balance of an Olympic AP adversely affected by the weight of such a cumbersome sight on top of the pistol?
Misny

Post by Misny »

renzo wrote:Thanks to both of you for the clarification.

I never saw a match where they were allowed, so the question.

Once again, isn't the carefuly designed balance of an Olympic AP adversely affected by the weight of such a cumbersome sight on top of the pistol?
Rules in the United States don't allow dot sights for international style competitions. For many of the competitions where they are allowed, two-handed shooting is also allowed.
renzo

Post by renzo »

So that was it!!

Thanks Misny!!