Looking for a repair shop for a Anschutz iris

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

22Guy

Looking for a repair shop for a Anschutz iris

Post by 22Guy »

Any one know of a person who can repair an Ans. iris or that will sell you parts?

Tried OK Weber and Champions Choice with no luck.

22Guy
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

If you still have the little sheet that came with it you can see how it's put together.
As long as none of the glass is broken inside, and if you are a bit mechanically oriented, you can take it apart yourself and put all back in the proper places.
Give yourself lots of room on the kitchen table and have a nice white pad (numerous sheets of paper towel do for me) so you can lay it all out neatly as you pull it apart so you can get it back together in the right order.

I've had to do this numerous times when my girls use the spanner on the incorrect nut and "half disassemble" them on accident. (sorta-kinda grin ... gritting teeth)

If nothing else call Pilkington ... I'll bet Buck can do it if you don't want to try this at home.