ISSF Trainer App - My personal review.

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Darrell_R

ISSF Trainer App - My personal review.

Post by Darrell_R »

ISSF Trainer App – My personal Review.

Right, it is official, for me at least, I like this App.

Whilst I feel there is room for improvement, the Target Tracker App is able to store and present some very useful information for both new and experienced ISSF Pistol and Rifle enthusiasts and athletes alike.

As for the App itself, I have now used it for quite a few training sessions and shown it to a few folk at my club and as I write the review, find that I have been mildly critical of certain aspects, praising where I feel it appropriate and more critical of some elements of the App that I personally believe improvement would be beneficial, for me at least!

As for me and why I like the concept of such record keeping, it was in my early days competing in club, State and National UIT and Non-UIT events that I was encouraged to keep a diary of my training and competition performances. Fortunately for me, I enjoyed the distraction that my shooting diary provided and more importantly, the technical and mental feedback that the most pertinent of this recorded and utilised information that it provided my coach and me.

So now, some years down the track and the trend for folk to de-clutter their lives, utilise technology, ditch paper and achieve better results faster, I saw no harm in trying this App. Especially if it is going to help me achieve my goals!

Target Tracker – First Impression.

When I first downloaded and opened Target Tracker, I was prompted to press a ‘Touch to Start’ link at the bottom of the user input screen. The page then moved to the ‘Sessions’ page, which is rather blank and provided little indication of what to do next, so I found myself playing with the App to figure out how to use the App. This is not a problem if you have a little bit of general App usage experience, but it wouldn’t hurt the App producer to provide a simple set of ‘How To or Help’ instructions on their App support website. Better still, a link on the first page of the App that would take you to a simple set of new user instructions. Like I say, not a critical need as once you use the App for a little while, it all starts to make sense.

As such, this may seem like a rather cumbersome review as I have also taken the time to highlight how to get around the App and enter data before my final comments at the end of the review, which summarises my overall opinion of the App.

Also worth mentioning again, this is my personal review and I have no link with the App, other than as a user.

Starting the App. Simple Enough, tap the Target Tracker icon.

Image Image

First thing you need to do is make sure that your language is set correctly, by tapping a little ‘Cog’ looking icon at the top left of the screen, next to the page name ‘Sessions’ and choosing one of seven languages.

After setting the language, simply hit the ‘Back’ button at the top left of the screen that will return you to the ‘Sessions’ page.

Next thing you need to do is create a ‘Session’ which is basically setting up your diary by providing some basic information about what your ‘Session’ will entail.

You do this by tapping the ‘+’ icon that is located in the top right area of the ‘Session’ page. This will then take you to the ‘New Session’ page.

Your options on the ‘New Session’ page will set the foundation for your session and I have listed the options in the order that they appear on the ‘New Sessions’ page.

New Session, option 1. Session Name.

You tap the empty field below the ‘Session Name’ which will bring up a data entry input keyboard. You should put the name of what you are doing or the event in this field. For example, I put ‘10m AP Practice 31/12/2011’ as my ‘Session Name’. Once you have entered the ‘Session Name’, simply tap the ‘Done’ button on the keyboard and you will be taken back to the ‘New Session’ Page.

Now, if you have been watching the screen, you will see that a ‘Save’ option icon has become useable in the top right of the screen. It is not important to tap this ‘Save’ button just yet, as if you do, you will be taken back to the ‘Session Page’ and you will have to re-open the ‘Session’ you have just saved and then edit it to add the extra information… So for now, don’t save the Session until you have entered all of the data options you want to complete at this time.

Also, I feel it is important to use a different name each time you enter a new session, so that you don’t get them mixed up between sessions as this ‘New Session’ name is your reference for the ‘Session’ you are working on and will remain on the ‘Session’ page until you delete it!

If you do accidentally or purposefully save the ‘Session’, to re-open it, you will have to tap the ‘Session Name’ that you have just saved and on the bottom left corner of the screen, there will be a little button/icon, that if you tap it, a menu will appear giving you lots of options that I will explain a bit better later, but the one you want right now is simply called ‘Edit’, so tap the ‘Edit’ option and you can re-commence entering your ‘Session’ details.

Image Image Image

New Session, option 2. Session Date.

Simply select the date of your session by scrolling down the touch screen date options and selecting the date you require. Again, don’t press save just yet or you will have to re-open the session and edit it!

New Session, option 3. Shooting Range.

Here is where you will enter the complex / club facility name. Again, tap the empty data entry field below the ‘Shooting Range’. For example, I used my home club name ‘Keighley’. This ‘Shooting Range’ field is a different type of field, which allows you to enter a lot more information than the ‘Session Name’ and as such, you may have been presented with a slightly different keyboard, so instead of having the ‘Done’ button as an option, you may now have the ‘Return’ button displayed on the keyboard. As the name suggests, the ‘Return’ button will simply take you onto a new line in this ‘Shooting Range’ data entry field.

Again, I suggest that you don’t press the ‘Save’ button just yet or you will have to re-open the session and edit it, but you will have to close the keyboard to move onto the next option!

To close the keyboard and move onto the next option, simply tap a part of the screen that does not allow any data entry or user input!

New Session, option 4. Discipline.

As suggested, the ‘Discipline’ option allows you to choose one of 10 ISSF shooting disciplines that will set the parameters of the actual discipline for both data entry and analysis. For me, I chose my preferred discipline of 10m Air Pistol, by simply scrolling through the options that then automatically highlighted 10m Air Pistol.

Basically, this selection changes the viewable type of ‘Target’ to reflect your discipline and also seems to set the scoring results for the discipline that you will view whilst entering your shot data.

Whilst this is not a critical issue, it is worth noting that if you do not shoot an ISSF discipline target covered by this App and score as per the ISSF rules, the data and results that you record may not be truly representative of your non-ISSF discipline. If this is the case for you, it is a bit of bad luck, but I still feel that some very valuable information can be recorded and analysed by selecting a discipline that is closest to your non-ISSF discipline, even though the target image or actual event scoring may not be correct…

Again, I suggest that you don’t press the ‘Save’ button just yet or you will have to re-open the session and edit it, but you will have to close the keyboard to move onto the next option!

To move onto the next option, I suggest that you scroll down the page by simply dragging your finger upwards, either on the left or right side of the screen, where no data entry or user input is required.

It is worth mentioning that you must set the Discipline correctly before saving and starting your Match, as once you have saved the Session and started your Match, you can’t Edit the Discipline, which means you will have to Start another Session and choose the correct Discipline. At first, I thought this was a little strange, but when you look into it, setting the Discipline also sets the parameters, including but not limited to the type of target and scoring for the particular event you will be recording the Data for. So I think the developer was smart in locking this option once you have saved the Session.

New Session, Option 5. Shooting Conditions.

As suggested, this is where you would put in some basic conditions for the time and day etc. For example, I entered the range temperature, fact I was shooting indoors, the competitor bay number, general lighting conditions etc…

To do this, simply tap the blank data entry input field below ‘Shooting Conditions’ and a data entry user keyboard will pop up and you can simply enter the data that you want to record.

To move onto the next option, I suggest that you scroll down the page by simply dragging your finger upwards, either on the left or right side of the screen, where no data entry or user input is required.

New Session, Option 6. Equipment Notes.

This is where you would put in some basic information about the equipment that you used for this session. For example, I entered Steyr LP10. JSB Match Rifle 4.49mm… Grip reduced 0.5mm at point where middle of little finger makes contact above palm rest.

To do this, simply tap the blank data entry input field below ‘Equipment Notes’ and a data entry user keyboard will pop up and you can simply enter the data that you want to record.

New Session, Option 7. Other Information.

To enter data into this ‘Other Information’ field, you will firstly need to click on the data entry field box below the words ‘Other Information’, which will then open up the data entry keyboard which you can use to enter the info you want. For example, you could enter specific objectives for this training session, which were, Start with 10 x dry fire shots focusing on breathing and trigger shot release sequence. Then 12 repetitions of 4 x dry fire shots followed immediately by 1 x live shot focusing on breathing, trigger release consistency and follow through. Report each live fire shot.

To enter the data in this pop up box, simply tap the blank data entry input field below ‘Equipment Notes’ and a data entry user keyboard will pop up and you can simply enter the data that you want to record.

Now, as this is the last option on the ‘New Session’ page, I suggest you scroll up and down the page checking your data entry and then, when your happy with the information, you can ‘Save’ the data that you have entered by simply tapping the ‘Save’ icon at the top right of the screen.

You will now be presented with a Pop Up message that tells you that your ‘New session has been created successfully’. To move on from this Pop Up message, simply tap the ‘Done’ option.

Image Image

The Data Entry Session Page.

Now you will be back at the’ Sessions’ page where all of the ‘Sessions’ you have entered are listed.

The next thing you will want to do is start recording your actual ‘Session’ details.

To do this, simply tap the session that you wish to work on and you will be presented with a Session overview page. This page is a very basic overview of your session and includes Match and Finals details, which I will explain a bit better later.

You also have the option to go ‘Back’ to the ‘Sessions’ page by tapping the top left screen icon named ‘Back’ or you can open the ‘Options’ menu list by tapping the open symbol icon located in the bottom left of the screen and a very important option indeed! Or lastly, the ‘Start Match’ icon located in the bottom right area of the screen.

For now, I am going to tap the ‘Start Match’ option, which for my session simply means that I will be starting my ‘10m AP Practice 31/12/2011’ data entry session.

As soon as you enter ‘Start Match’, you will notice that a lot of information and options become available on a new data entry page.

As I chose 10m Air Pistol as my discipline when setting up my session, I can see the centre of the equivalent 10m ISSF Air Pistol Target. If you have chosen another ISSF discipline, you will see another type of target.

This page is the page we are all looking for, it includes the target image where you will enter your replicated shots as they have actually scored on your physical or electronic target. It is critical to get the information on this page correct and as it happened as this information that you enter on this page will be recorded and then analysed as part of your session. Refer to the screen shot for a breakdown of what the different options are on this page.

Now the first thing you may want to do is start tapping the screen where your shots have landed on the actual target, but I suggest that you firstly familiarise yourself with all of the options on this page as there is a lot of good kit here that will help you if you let it.

These options can all be accessed by the user input menu icons located at the top of the screen and I have listed them in order from left to right, as follows.

Shot Data Entry. Option 1. Done.

‘Done’ icon. Use this to complete your session / match or to pause your session. I found this very useful if I wanted to pause my timed training during practice etc… When you tap this ‘Done’ button, it takes you to another page that gives you an overview of your session, which also allows you to ‘Resume Match’ by simply tapping the ‘Resume Match’ icon located in the bottom right of the screen.

Shot Data Entry. Option 2. Target Image Icon – Match Mode.

This option actually moves you along in the Match, ensuring correct data analysis for your ISSF discipline, such as Sighters, Actual Match and Finals, but at first, I found it rather confusing and not at all intuitive, but the App is obviously designed with the complete ISSF Match / competition in mind. But there is no reason that this method of data entry cannot be used very wisely in practice as well.

Basically, when you first start your Session, it starts in Match Mode, Match [Sighters] and if you want to finish your Sighters and then move onto the actual Match, you need to click this Target Image Icon and then select ‘Yes’ from the pop up menu to start the actual [Match], which in turn closes your sighting session.

Very official stuff, so if you haven’t finished your Sighting shots yet, don’t hit this option as just like in the real world, the judge won’t accept your request to remove that first shot from your official score card just because it is a perfect 6, just below the 7 ring and you, um, didn’t realise you’d moved on from your sighting cards!

When you do ‘Start’ the actual Match session, you will notice that the ‘Match Mode’, which is currently displayed as Match [Sighters], will change to Match [Match] for the duration of your official ISSF discipline, which for my Air Pistol is 60 scoring shots with a possible 600 score, which I will cover a bit better in a moment.

You can also use this Target Image Icon to go straight through to the Finals Sighters and then onto the Finals as well, but like before, make sure that you have completed your Sighters and Match scoring before proceeding.

From an automated point of transition between Sighting, Match and Finals, it is not an automatic transition based upon the actual ISSF event. For example, when you are in actual 10m Air Pistol [Match] mode, it will not automatically move onto [Finals] scoring and recording of the data after 60 shots. You must remember to make this transition between Sighters, Match, Finals Sighters and Finals manually, yourself.

At first, I thought this option could have been an automated reaction to completing the match, but having played with the App for a while now, I seem to like the idea that it does not automatically change, as just like in real life, we aren’t always at comps and some of us don’t always make the finals!

Image Image Image Image Image

Shot Data Entry. Option 2. Coach Timer.

I’m still a little baffled by this option as it does not appear to report the results of the coach timer anywhere. But I have found good use for it, even though it isn’t your classic stop watch, which I personally would find most useful when conducting and measuring certain training procedures and consistency, like sight picture stabilisation timing, hold duration, breathing sequence / shot release timing etc, etc..

Basically, all that I see this Coach Timer can do is count up, pause and count up, which can be useful if you are watching your match time, or how long it is taking for a shot to release from a certain point in time, but when you stop the Coach Timer, it does not reset, it simply pauses the time, which of course can be used to continue monitoring time when you re-commence, but I personally think a more classic and recordable stop watch function would be more beneficial from a coaching point of view.. Which would mean not only a start stop option, but a reset option, continuation option, pause option, etc, etc.. Not critical, but as I can’t find the actual purpose for this feature from a recordable / analytical view point, I cannot fully appreciate the sole purpose of it.

Shot Data Entry. Option 3. Delete.

That image of the Trash Can looking icon in the middle of the options bar at the top of the screen does exactly as you would expect, Delete! So beware!

Seriously though, it is a great and needed feature when you are actually recording your shot positions on the target, which I will be getting to soon….

Basically, if you enter and record the shot position incorrectly, for example a 10.4 instead of a 10.9, well you simply go back to that particular target by using the intuitive left arrow key and then tapping the Trash Can Image Icon, which then pops up a little menu giving you the option of actually deleting the record for that shot! So again, be careful that you are deleting the correct shot.

Image Image

Shot Data Entry. Option 4. Average shot time and Quick Group Analysis.

As far as I can tell, by selecting this option at any point in time during your Sighters, Match or Finals, you will trigger a quick analysis of the last 5 shots. This includes an image of the target, the shot grouping, the average decimal shot score and also the average shot time.

I think it is rather useful for a quick overview, especially if your mind is like mine and you blank out between cards and all of a sudden become concerned that the sights are a little off or you are forming a habit that is placing shots a little off or your tempo has slowed down or up or you simply want another distraction..!

Shot Data Entry. Option 5. Shot Notes, Pretty Colours and Wind Direction.

I like this option as it is just what the Coach ordered!

You can access this pop up menu by tapping the Pencil Image Icon located on the far right hand side of menu bar at the top of the screen.

Basically, you can use this option after each and every shot if you like, to enter shot specific notes. For example, Called the Shot Correctly, Poor Trigger Release, Person in bay 4 keeps grunting, Bad Sight Picture, Held to long or Perfect Shot Release, Great Hold...

It also allows you to change the colour of the individual shots and for those folk that have outdoor ranges, this option also lets you enter the basic wind direction as per the range flags per shot etc…

Image Image

Now I’ll look at going Backwards, Forwards and the actual Shot Entry Information!

The next part of this actual ‘Sessions’ data input page is the recorded shot entry information. It is located just below the menu tab at the top of the screen and includes the following items from left to right.

Item 1. Back Arrow Button.

The first thing you will notice is a left facing arrow image icon, which is simply a button that when pressed, will take you back to the previous shot. This is very useful as after you enter each shot onto the indicative target, the target automatically moves onto the next clean target for you to enter the next shot.

So this Back button is very useful if you accidently enter the shot incorrectly and need to go back and delete it and re-enter it!

Item 2. Score.

Is the actual shot score for the shot page that you are looking at and below this shot score, is the progressive timer that can be started and stopped when you press the ‘Done’ button at the top.

Item 3. The Direction Arrow.

This is an arrow indicating the general direction of the shot. For example, I was trained to think of the target as a clock face and to call every shot whilst following through, so in my head, after the shot was released and whilst holding my sight picture, I would mentally or verbally for the coach call out say, 9 at 11:00 hour.

So, from an individual shot as well as grouping and general shot analysis piece of information, I have always found this sort of information invaluable. Great stuff!

Item 4. Sub Total.

This is a progressive subtotal of your score for the particular session and one not to get too excited about.

That’s right, it is a progressive score of the actual shot position you have recorded as though you are in the Final for say, 10m Air Pistol, which can score a possible 109 from the 10 Finals shots.

This isn’t always a number to get overly excited by as if you are in the Match Mode, not a Final and shoot say 10m Air Pistol, for example, if your sixty match shots show as say 605.2, when you actually just posted a pre-finals score of 571… As in reality, each Match shot (pre finals) in 10m Air Pistol is also measured and scored as whole number that is measured and scored on and between the rings, so it is a 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, etc, not just a 10.9, 9.5… So just remember this one as you can get the actual Match score by going back to the Summary Session Page by pressing the Done button, where it would show as 576/600. Not an issue, but I personally think this Sub Total could have been reflective of the particular ISSF match scoring requirement.

Item 5. Unlock / Lock.

The only other button on this Shot Data Entry page, is the screen lock / unlock button that is located in the bottom right area of the screen. Does what it says, which is lock the screen or unlock the screen which can be useful if you leave the app running and have the gadget in your pocket etc between shots..

Now, down to the business of entering specific shots.

I think of this Shot Data Entry Page as if it is my actual target and whilst I have not used the App in a competition, I have now replaced my physical diary with this App and as such, use it for all of my live fire training sessions.

This is how I do it.

I have just shot a 9 at 10:00 hour on the actual 10m Air Pistol Target. With my Air Pistol still in my hand, resting on the bench and safely pointing down range, with my free hand, I simply touch the user input screen target in the approximate position of the shot.

You will then notice that if you move your finger around, the target, the shot score that is visible just above the target also changes. This is great, as with a little practice you can actually position the shot to match exactly where on the actual target, your shot scored.

Now, in the instance of the Air Pistol Target, if you have managed to keep it within the 8 ring or better, it is really easy and quick to enter the result, but if you’re in the 7 or beyond, you will need to keep dragging your finger into the white, to where your shot has landed. This does take a bit of practice to do it quickly and efficiently to record the result you want, as the target basically goes from big to small.

As mentioned, with a little practice, it is not too difficult to do this and it may just make you work a little harder to keep it in the 10 ring!

Also, remember that after each shot record is entered, the page will automatically move onto the next page so that you can then enter the next shot record. At first, I also thought this could have been a manual transition that you made yourself, after you have recorded the shot position, and added any information about the shot that you want (as I mentioned how earlier).

However, having used the App for quite a few training session now, I think it is a good thing that the target page automatically progresses as you don’t really need to enter specific information for every single shot and if you do wish to add it, well just tap the Back Arrow Button and the tap the Pencil Image Icon and enter the info. Simple!

What do you want to do next? Page!

Well, this little icon at the bottom left certainly shouldn’t be thought of the last button to explore as it certainly lives up to the sub menu pop up page name of, ‘What do you want to do next?’.

The options from this pop up page are as follows.

Button 1. Delete Session.

Be careful with this one! It really does delete the session and every bit of session information that you have carefully entered for that session. So again, use this option wisely and when you are sure you don’t want the session information for future use.

Button 2. Reset Button.

A useful little option if you wish to reset your complete session details to start the whole session over again. But remember, it really will delete all of the shot information for your Sighters, Match and Finals. Quite useful if you wish to re-use the session for a similar session or to start again.

Button 3. Edit Button.

This Edit Button is very useful if you wish to Edit your Session Details, like the Session Name, Date, Shooting Range, Discipline, Shooting Conditions, Equipment Notes and Other Information. Especially useful if you decide to re-use a session for a slightly different practice session or match.

Button 4. Review and Stats Button.

A couple of options on this page that firstly starts with an overview of your Match or Finals individual shot positions / score and shot time.

The other option from this page is the ‘Stats’ button up in the top right corner of the overview page. By taping this option, you will open up a little pop up menu that will give you two options, ‘Time Analysis’ and ‘Shot Spread Analysis’.

Time Analysis charts the amount of time that it takes you to enter your shot position. From an individual training perspective, you could really use this function in a lot of different ways, all dependent on how you control the input of each shot record. For example, if you pause the shot entry after you record the shot by pressing the Done button, which takes you back to the sessions page and stops the clock and then Resume the Match from the sessions page when you are ready to start and complete your next shot, this time analysis chart will indicate if you are consistently maintaining the same time for all of your shots, or not as the case may be.

The other option here is the Shot Spread Analysis, which simply indicates a general overview of shot scores from 1.1 through to 10.9. For example, it will group all of the 10.2 to 9.7 shots together, which can then be compared with say the 9.6 to 9.2 shots, indicating in a broad graphical display of where the majority of scoring is happening or not...

Image Image

Button 5. Email Export Button.

From an analytical viewpoint, this is a good bit of kit that can be used to Export all of that information that you have painstakingly entered, including the choice of how many shots you wish to record on each target image.

However, the information can only be exported in an email format, not as a file attachment. Now this isn’t such a bad thing, as an email is easy to read, print out and review, but if you are wishing to further compile and record your training and match progress in say a spread sheet, you will have to personally choose what info you would like to use, read it from the email and enter it manually into the spread sheet.

So for me personally, it would be nice to be able to save some of the information as an attachment to an email, in a format that could be used in a spread sheet program…. Which of course, is where it all starts to get complicated as to which spread sheet format and which results to export…?

Image Image Image

In Summary.

So in this instance, I think the App developer has kept the App nice and simple, which is ironically how and when most of us perform at our best, so again, no real complaints from me as I like it simple and I also have an iPhone!

Now, on that little subject of gadgets that can run the App….., at the moment, it looks like it is an iPhone native App only, so best to check with the App provider if other operating /device systems / platforms are supported.

Also worth noting that whilst the App itself displays the App name ‘Target Tracker’ on your iPhone device screen when installed, the App itself is found in the App store by searching for ISSF Trainer.

I also like the app as it meets and simplifies a lot of my range session diary recording needs and whilst I would like to see a few other things added or tweaked, it really does give me the basic info that I need to monitor my actual range training and match progress by simply analysing and reporting my recorded results, shot by shot or as a group.

As I have used it for a few weeks now, I’m also getting a lot quicker at recording my shot info as well, which depending on how detailed I get with my individual shot remarks, makes it quicker than physically writing it all down, which is great!

Additionally, the folk that I have shown it to at my local club were a little apprehensive at first and felt it would take too much time and hassle to learn and utilise effectively, but once they actually saw the App being used during my training session, nearly all commented positively.

Last but not least as I think this is pretty important for a gadget that runs on battery, the App doesn’t appear to be using excessive battery power to run!

Cheers,
Darrell
Last edited by Darrell_R on Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
tedbell

Post by tedbell »

Wow Darrell. Amazing review- thanks for all of the info - I was wondering what decent apps were out there for international shooting. I'm definitely going to check this one out.

You should submit this to USA Shooting for a magazine article.

Thanks,
Ted
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Very detailed instructions and nice review, the company should borrow yours.

I've been using it since it came out, mainly on my iPad. I wish it was iPad native but that really is just a minor issue. They have added and improved many things since the beginning. If you have any suggestions contact them they seem very open to suggestions to improve their product. I've corresponded on a few occasions with them regarding changing or adding features.

I've used it when coaching and I like the fact that you can just email your self the report which has all the details.

I too highly recommend this app for anyone looking for something to track training sessions.

I've started using it with Evernote to replace my shooting journal and coaching notes. It seems to be working well.
gstarik

Post by gstarik »

Darrel,
Thanks for the detailed review. I have been using the app. For a year now,and as one of the designers of the app.I must say it's the best review someone gave me on it. We will take into consideration all of things you have mentioned to make this app. even better. One thing I can advice,is when I make a change in position or in the rifle like moving the butt plate up,then I use the pencil,write it down,and change the color of the shot,so I can see the effect of change on the target.
I am happy to hear that you find it useful and easy to use.
Thanks again,
Guy Starik.
A74BEDLM

Post by A74BEDLM »

I can't find this App in UK apple system - is it available yet or limited to US?
gstarik

Post by gstarik »

It's available everywhere. Issf trainer.
Guy.
Darrell_R

Post by Darrell_R »

tedbell wrote:I'm definitely going to check this one out.
Thanks,
Ted
Hi Ted,

Thanks for the comments. I also hope that you find the app useful.

I haven't written an article for a mag for some time now (20 years), so a little out of tune with that side of things, but thanks again for your comments.

Bye,
Darrell
Richard H wrote: I've started using it with Evernote to replace my shooting journal and coaching notes. It seems to be working well.
Hi Richard,

It is nice to hear that someone else is finding this app useful, especially from a coaching perspective as I think the possibilities are good and with a lot of folk, young and old alike being rather Tech savvy these days, it is certainly an App step in the right direction for our sport.

Bye,
Darrell
gstarik wrote: One thing I can advice,is when I make a change in position or in the rifle like moving the butt plate up,then I use the pencil,write it down,and change the color of the shot,so I can see the effect of change on the target.

I am happy to hear that you find it useful and easy to use.
Thanks again,
Guy Starik.
Hello Guy,

It is nice to know that one of the designers of the App has read the review as I’m sure there are folk out there that will have some questions from time to time and will now have a forum contact.

Thanks also for your tip on what you use the different shot colours for when recording individual shot notes using the ‘Pencil’ option.

Bye,
Darrell
A74BEDLM wrote:I can't find this App in UK apple system - is it available yet or limited to US?
Hi,

I hope that you found the App available.

As mentioned in one of the above posts, it is available from the App store, but not under ‘Target Tracker’, which is how the App is named on the iPhone screen, but it can be found by doing a search for ISSF Trainer.

I have also edited my original review post to include this in the summary section.

Thanks,
Darrell
sakurama

Post by sakurama »

Thanks so much for the review. I'd downloaded it but was a bit confused about it so hadn't bothered to use it until I read through your review and then I understood enough to try it out.

One thing I find incredibly frustrating is the scoring on the target. Unless you're shooting 8 or better or 6 and worse it's a nightmare to score anything between. It just keeps zooming back and forth and your placement just never finds the right spot. It's an incentive to shoot better I guess. Otherwise I really like it.