Custom Grips

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Orion

Custom Grips

Post by Orion »

I just purchased a Hammerli 208, which is a-m-a-z-i-n-g. I almost want to strictly shoot 50m pistol. However, I need left handed medium grips for it.

I am looking at Rink Grips, Nill Grips, Dick Horton's grips, and another custom grip maker. Any recommendations?

Thanks.
SMBeyer

Post by SMBeyer »

Everybody's preference will be different because everybody's hand is different. Personaly I like Rinks and am also left handed. I started out with one on my M41 in XL with the bullseye upsweep and it fit like a glove. Then I bought an XL bullseye for the 1911 off of the classifieds here and it was much too large because it didn't have the adjustable palm shelf but that was fixed with some propoxy. Then I bought a Walther SSP right hand and converted it to left with a few parts and a L Rink grip. After having those and liking them so much I finally decided to replace the Morini grips on my LP10 that I never liked and could not get to feel like I wanted with a L Rink. Now I need a set for my Toz35. Other than the 1911 which turned out to be the wrong size all the grips feel the same. It's Rinks for me, Scott
GunRunner

Post by GunRunner »

FYI, rink grips run small, i use a large in Nill, but the large in rink was too small for me unless adjusted all the way out which makes the palm shelf wobbly.
SMBeyer

Post by SMBeyer »

If you buy Rinks from Larry's guns send Deanna a tracing of your hand with your payment and they will match up the correct size. Scott
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

You might want to consider a 45 grip adapter from CMM shooting sports.
http://www.cmmshootingsports.com/index. ... ojrvdhlde6
jackh

Post by jackh »

SMBeyer wrote:If you buy Rinks from Larry's guns send Deanna a tracing of your hand with your payment and they will match up the correct size. Scott
If possible, discuss the thickness of your hand as well. Most grip sizing is based on the width across your knuckles. Some mention volume that I refer to as diameter or girth. I have a tough to fit hand. My size Nil and Rink is XL in width, but it is also M-L in girth. Probably closer to Medium. Then there is the slide bite problem on 208 and 41 guns. This is due I believe to my extra meaty thumbham taking up "volume" where the wood needs to be less volume. It is a challenge finding the right fitting grip. Kind of like finding comfortable shoes.
tuj

Post by tuj »

Dick Horton made me some grips for my IZH-35m and they are amazing. He got it pretty much dead on with just two photocopies of my hand.
topclass52

LH 208 grips

Post by topclass52 »

I shoot a Hammerli 208 with Rinks grips and love them. I also have a set of Rinks for my 1911. That being said, I'm ordering a set of Horton grips for my HS Vistor...