Hammerli 480 K2 Air cylinder O-ring size

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
jashcroft

Hammerli 480 K2 Air cylinder O-ring size

Post by jashcroft »

would anyone know the size of the o-ring on the cylinder of a Hammerli 480 K2.
pauloburnay

Re: Hammerli 480 K2 Air cylinder O-ring size

Post by pauloburnay »

jashcroft wrote:would anyone know the size of the o-ring on the cylinder of a Hammerli 480 K2.
Hi, I wish I knew! You mean the visible ring when you unscrew the tank, right? But if you remove the trigger guard (screw under) this will release the adapter (it it´s a Prelutec tank, I guess) which can be removed (not easy without damaging it). Then you will see there are another 2 o-rings, and I guess you, like me would like to know exact dimensions AND kind of material (FPM? NBR? ...?) they are supposed to be made of.

I can send photos.

Regards

Paulo Burnay
jashcroft

Post by jashcroft »

Paulo - Thanks for the reply. The post was from along time ago. Actually one gun ago, Steyr LP10 for my daughter now. I believe you must be referring to the Hammerli with the non-removable tank. Ours are removable. I actually went to a local gasket and seal shop had them matched and work flawlessly. Anyways appreciate the reply and top of the season to you
John
pauloburnay

Hämmerli 480 K2

Post by pauloburnay »

Hi John,
Well, I´m a bit "absent minded" and only noticed how old your post was AFTER replying... anyway thanks for coming back to the subject. No, it´s K2, with Prelutec removable tank. Once I screw it in it starts to leak. I had a LP10 too, great choice. I finally found the complete manual for mine K2 but there´s no detail of the tank adapter part (in front of the trigger)... it´s so frustrating!
Have a nice Xmas all year round!
Paulo Burnay - Portugal