Number of clicks for risers?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

WarWagon

Number of clicks for risers?

Post by WarWagon »

Can anyone tell me how many clicks I would need when adding a set of 10mm risers with an Anschutz 6805 rear sight?

I use 10mm risers in prone, and may be going to 20mm in kneeling and 30mm in offhand, and am trying to decide whether I should invest in a second rear sight, or whether to just count my clicks.
Thedrifter

Post by Thedrifter »

counting the clicks is easy if its numbered.

read the rule book though i think i saw something once that did not allow the swaping of rear sights. could be mistaken though. not that i would be tattle tale but some food for thought.
KennyB

Post by KennyB »

Wouldn't you add risers under the rearsight AND the foresight?

If so, the amount of clicking would also depend on how much of a cant you shoot with - you will have to make horizontal adjustments as well as vertical.

If you don't have a cant then adding 10mm raising blocks would cause the sight line to be 10mm higher or, if you prefer, the barrel would be 10mm lower and so the POI would be also be 10mm lower - so how many clicks to move the POI 10mm up? (On my 20 click sights at 50m it would be about 10 clicks)

K.
thatguy

Post by thatguy »

Hey bud,

Nothing in the rules about switching sights so scratch that.

I'm no mathematical guru, but couple things to through in:
Barrel length
Distance to target
Big or small clicks on the sight

Honestly, I wouldn't complicate this. Just go to the range, set up a test bench, and sight in with all the different heights keeping track of the adjustments.

I'm pretty sure there are some ppl out there, if given the three items listed above, could tell you the exact math on it.

Here to help,
Thatguy
Vincent

Post by Vincent »

Have you tried using a 20mm riser set and then sliding the rear sight forward for prone and then farther back for standing? I remember a 3p club shooter who had marks on his rear sight rail for this reason.
Regards
Vinny