LP10 fill recommendation

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Stu T

LP10 fill recommendation

Post by Stu T »

I just ordered an LP10 from Pilkguns and was wondering what bar pressure one should refill the cylinder at before POI starts to change? In the description of the LP10 it stated the pistol is regulated to 55 bar. How close to 55 bar should one shoot before a refill?
Thanks,
Stu
LukeP

Post by LukeP »

In my pistol i can shoot until manometer get in the middle of the yellow line, don't know how much pressure but sure a lot of shoots.
John Marchant

Post by John Marchant »

Dependant on your muzzle velocity used, you could possible get 140-150 shots before refilling. I have not tried to go to the point when the pellets start to drop as refilling is relatively easy to do.
Brian M

Post by Brian M »

Do they drop? Or does the pistol just not fire? I seem to remember someone saying that the Morini would just cease firing once the pressure got too low.

I have no clue, I tend to fill up shortly after the manometer needle dips into the yellow.
USMC0802

Post by USMC0802 »

I can't speak for the Steyr but to confirm Brian's statement, the Morini has a lock that engages that prevents you from loading. You can manually over ride it though. It is a nice feature that I wish all air guns had but isn't necessary if you pay attention.
Rover

Post by Rover »

In the pellet testing I did with a single model of the Morini, I noticed a deterioration of the accuracy shortly before the lockout kicked in.

With my LP1, I just fill it after about 150 to 200 shots (shaker box count) have been shot, although I can shoot over 200 since I have it adjusted to 525 fps with light pellets.
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

Brian M wrote:Do they drop? Or does the pistol just not fire? I seem to remember someone saying that the Morini would just cease firing once the pressure got too low.

I have no clue, I tend to fill up shortly after the manometer needle dips into the yellow.
The morini ceases firing the steyr just carries on - or my lp10 certainly does. I can get well into the yellow as I have done accidentally before now. I can get up to 140 odd shots before noticing any deterioration, but as mentioned it depends on the velocity settings. As a note you can normally hear the sound change before the POI changes (at least that's my experience).

Rob.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Not all manometers are exactly the same - I'd never really rely on it, but start every match with a completely full tank. I can shoot one of my tanks way down into the yellow, while the other one is out of (enough) pressure right at the end of the green zone...
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

The LP 10's do not lock out at low pressure. I try to fill mine after every practice and ensure they are full prior to any match. You're really not getting anything extra by shooting them down really low, it just reduces the pressure in your big tank faster. If you're using a pump it just means you have to pump it more.
Last edited by Richard H on Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Richard H wrote:I try to fill mine after every practice and ensure they are full prior to any match.
Very sensible. I always laugh (to myself) when shooters ask permission to take their guns off the firing point during a match to change a cylinder.

That's normally the result of sloppy (or non-existent) preparation.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Coaching juniors thats a very regular occurrence.