Off Hand glove?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

ToddMay

Off Hand glove?

Post by ToddMay »

My daughter upgraded her glove to a glove that is a name brand glove but seems to be lacking the same amount of cushion in the knuckle finger area. She shoots off her fist. Any suggestions on specific model glove for offhand shooting?
Vincent

Post by Vincent »

I shoot air rifle and use a Monard Hybrid glove. My knuckles are okay even after some really long practice sessions. The glove is made with a hard material on the back and palm of the glove but has top-grip material on the knuckles so it flexes enough for a comfortable hold. There are other brands like Thune that make a similar glove but I think that Monard is a good value. Monard makes a model with the knuckles covered by the hard material called the Precision. This model has a lot of support in the wrist and also protects the knuckles well. I tried both of them and achieved good results with it but I'm keeping the Hybrid. Another area to consider is removing additional weights if not needed. I removed the additional stock weights in my LG300 Alutec and kept the balance while shedding the weight I have to support on my knuckles.
ToddMay

Post by ToddMay »

I guess the question is do people like the KT Solid glove for offhand? She has the Top Grip material now and the finger parts are a bit thin in the padding area.
ZD

Post by ZD »

Most people in my Club shoot with a solid, half finger Kurt Thune glove. If you are looking for the most support on your knuckles, that is definitely the way to go. Personally, I use the combination half finger glove from Kurt Thune (the white solid material on the wrists, top grip on the palm and knuckles). I got this glove because I had previously used a full finger top grip glove from Kurt Thune (a used glove when I got it that I finally had to retire). I did not like the feel of the solid material when shooting prone or kneeling, so I chose the combination glove instead. The solid Kurt Thune glove is the glove I most frequently see, and many shooters love it for all three positions, especially when using a fist position for offhand. I use to get a little pain on my Knuckles when shooting offhand, but not enough to bother me. When I started shooting in College, my knuckles quickly toughened up, since I was shooting so much more standing, despite the fact that the knuckle area on my glove is top grip. I have seen a lot of people use the precision glove from Monard, and I have heard nothing but good things about it. I have always used Kurt Thune gloves because of how comfortable they are around your fingers (and between the web of your hand). The older Monard gloves (the ones with the white dotted protrusions) seemed to suffer from discomfort there. Bottom line, both of the gloves will work, however the monard one is cheaper ($70 v. $85-95 for Kurt Thune) However, see if your daughter can try some gloves from some of her fellow shooters. You don't want to skimp on a glove for cost, as it bears a heavy load in all three positions. It is helpful to try the different brands if you can. Plus, high quality gloves last for a long time.
SMP

Post by SMP »

I gave this one a try because of some really bruised knuckles. The price doesn't reflect the quality. It seems to work very well and as the name suggests it is very strong.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pre-Curve-Stron ... 95036ae02e
RoYLanDz

Post by RoYLanDz »

SMP wrote:I gave this one a try because of some really bruised knuckles. The price doesn't reflect the quality. It seems to work very well and as the name suggests it is very strong.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pre-Curve-Stron ... 95036ae02e
Pretty nice choose of gloves. I've actually used a same brand and it went pretty nice on me. It actually last about a month and two eventually after I used it for only a couple of times.

Batman: Dead End (2003):The Joker wrote: After punching Batman with a set of brass knuckles
Whats the matter, freak? Cant take a little joke?