shooting gear range bag???

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

tenring

shooting gear range bag???

Post by tenring »

Just wondering what how most people transport their gear. I have a small buffle that my scope, ammo box, glasses case, towel, glove, shooting sweater fits in well. No room for anything else. I have always transported my shooting coat on a hanger or off the hanger and tossed in my back seat. I kind of don't like it as it's always catching the dirt. I have been looking at gear bags and don't want something huge. I thought of just getting the right length basic duffle and laying my coat in it lenth wise. The extra duffle I have for it now is small and I have to close the coat, fold it in the middle and cross the arms over each other. Just like a new coat is folded when its shipped. I found a good duffle that all my goodies will fit in and then lay my coat in lenghwise on top.

What's recommened per everyone's experience?

Thanks

Tenring
WarWagon

Post by WarWagon »

A big duffle is about the best you can do if you don't want something big. I have one of the Creedmoor bags, and there's just too much gear for a smallbore rifle shooter to transport comfortably in one, even with the backpack straps. I did a number on my back and shoulders over the years lugging all that junk around.

If you're willing to give up the space, it's very hard to beat a big Pelican case on wheels. You can fit everything in it, right down the coat, and save yourself a hernia or two.
tenring

Post by tenring »

I'm considering the AHG Big bag on wheels or the XXL that is a tad bigger and seems to be better organized and better wheels. ????

tenring
WesternGrizzly

Post by WesternGrizzly »

I use a big suitcase. Other people use the Ogio bags.
Matt
1813benny

Post by 1813benny »

I have an Ogio 9800 and it is perfect for my gear and is sturdy that I also use it when flying to matches.
Abi

Post by Abi »

I put 60 Lbs of 3-position Smallbore gear in a 5.11 Tactical "Mission" rolling duffel bag...it has durable wheels to roll, but also has a large padded shoulder strap and large grab handles on the ends...I can pick it up to carry down the stairs and into the trunk of the car. The bag even has a zippered pocket that fits a shooting coat, and I've managed to secure a shooting mat to the top as well.

* my coat fits in the bag without folding the back panel. I overlap the front flaps and the sleeves, but the coat does not have to be folded or creased.
EJ

Post by EJ »

I use a backpack, 60 L (Everest model, but they don't exist anymore) and carry everything in it. I have the jacket folded lengthwise, put in a fabric bag and strapped to the outside.
It is the best purchase I have made so far for my shooting (the next best thing being molded insoles for my boots)
xnoncents

Post by xnoncents »

I have the champions shooters large bag. It has backpack straps, wheels and handles. It fits a ton of stuff, is divided up well for storage. It gets super heavy if you put everything in it. If you have to go down stairs (one of our local range is downstairs indoors) you might want to consider two smaller bags, or maybe not pack everything (or get lighter stuff). The downside is you really don't want to find yourself missing that one little 'whatever' you need. The bag has held up OK, but really it is just a suitcase. Some are built better than others. This one is average. The price is comparable to luggage bought at your local Sears or department store.

If you have to transport stuff far, over dirt, grass or gravel, big wheel cart or backpack design is really important life saver. The little luggage type wheels don't work well there.
jerry0503214

Post by jerry0503214 »

I have an Ogio 9800 and it is perfect for my gear and is sturdy that I also use it when flying to matches.

Post by Sparks »

After a suggestion from one of the GB shooters, I got a cricket bag (a Gunn&Moore wheelie bag to be exact). Best bag I've ever had so far - it takes everything bar the rifle, and is as small as it can be at the same time (it's shorter and narrower than the peli 1720 my rifle lives in). It's survived a few years of domestic travel so far, and gets its first run at an international trip this week.