Calender addition

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

pilkguns
Site Admin

Calender addition

Post by pilkguns »

We have added a calendar function to Target Talk. You will see a calendar link in the middle of the page under the Anschutz and Steyr logos, and another on the right hand side. Either of those will bring you to a weekly calendar page for the current week. In the middle part of the upper half is a calendar logo. Clicking on that will bring you a full month screen of the current month. you can either arrow over using the >> or << tabs at the side of the calendar, or type in the month you want to search . All events are shown for each day of their event and hotlinked back to the orginal TT posts that has a link to more information about the match.

I am listing the state location (or country in case of international events) as the first thing in the heading.

Please give me your thoughts on the useability of this, or a better system if you know of one.

If you have match events that you would like to see posted, please send them to our email at info_ pilkguns_charely oscar mike
PCU

Post by PCU »

It will be a lot of work trying to keep a calendar up to date, might not be really worth the trouble.

Calendar might be good for some but I think posting the info on Shooters Lounge, Rifle, Pistol, Youth, etc forums makes them too busy looking & harder for someone to find topics interested in.

Suggest if calendar is kept posted it be on a separate link and not added to the other forums.
Thank you!
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

Worse than SPAM
zuckerman

calendar

Post by zuckerman »

I think a calendar is wanted, and needed, and thanks.
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

The calendar in and of itself is a great idea... the entry in the individual forums is what I referred to .... perhaps a separate forum to "handle" the individual matches.
i.e. a "Match" forum
pmelchman

Post by pmelchman »

the calendar is a great idea. Targettalk is a one stop shop.... forum and events.

how nice

keep it up

Regards,

pmelchman
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

jhmartin wrote:The calendar in and of itself is a great idea... the entry in the individual forums is what I referred to .... perhaps a separate forum to "handle" the individual matches.
i.e. a "Match" forum
Hear, Hear!

Post by Guest »

The match forum is a good idea for all of the state ones etc. of course we have a glut right now, as we are trying to load things
Scott
Paul Ha

calendar

Post by Paul Ha »

You have hit on an excellent idea for those of us who would like to know about matches in neighboring areas and perhaps participate in some of them. I do hope that the match sponsors will take advantage of it and post their upcoming matches.
Thank you very much.