rulings on eyeglasses?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
sanikok

rulings on eyeglasses?

Post by sanikok »

anybody knows where can I find rulings regarding eyeglasses
is the +1.5 is the strongest what I can wear?
peterz

Post by peterz »

If it's a single lens worn on the eye, not some kind of compound multiple-lens system that acts like a telescope, why might there be a limit? Can't you wear what you need for a correction?
sanikok

Post by sanikok »

Thanks for the reply. I agree, should not be a problem - but I have to find the ruling (maybe on ISSF site) because I saw the +1.5 limitation somewhere a few years ago.
While I'm OK to drive with +1.5, I need +3 for reading or to see the sight clearly.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Get the glasses you need. Right or wrong, no one will ever check them.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Rover wrote:......no one will ever check them.
As far as prescription is concerned there's nothing to check under ISSF rules.
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

sanikok wrote:Thanks for the reply. I agree, should not be a problem - but I have to find the ruling (maybe on ISSF site) because I saw the +1.5 limitation somewhere a few years ago.
While I'm OK to drive with +1.5, I need +3 for reading or to see the sight clearly.
There is no such ruling as David mentions. Your glasses can be whatever prescription you need, ISSF don't even mention lens strength.

Rob.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

There is no rule on the strength of prescription eye wear so there is no ruling to be found from the ISSF. That said not knowing where you're from there could be some local rule but it's not an ISSF rule.
sanikok

Post by sanikok »

Thanks for the advices!
smoking357

Post by smoking357 »

Is there a rule against multiple-lens glasses in pistol shooting? If there is, I can't find it.

The rules are explicit on what can't be on the pistol, far less confining on the shooter.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

smoking357 wrote:Is there a rule against multiple-lens glasses in pistol shooting?
Not that I know of (in the ISSF rules).
Dr. Jim

Post by Dr. Jim »

David Levene wrote:
smoking357 wrote:Is there a rule against multiple-lens glasses in pistol shooting?
True, but if the lens combination produces a telescopic effect on the target, I would expect the jury to need to rule on the individual set-up.

Dr Jim
smoking357

Post by smoking357 »

Dr. Jim wrote:
David Levene wrote:
True, but if the lens combination produces a telescopic effect on the target, I would expect the jury to need to rule on the individual set-up.

Dr Jim
I don't get the jury intercession. Let's say you have a spotting scope strapped to your head, and you can count the fibers in the ten ring.

Does a rule forbid this?
Rover

Post by Rover »

This is a pistol forum. I can't think of a single way to enhance iron sight performance using any form of optics.
Dr. Jim

Post by Dr. Jim »

I don't get the jury intercession. Let's say you have a spotting scope strapped to your head, and you can count the fibers in the ten ring.

Does a rule forbid this?[/quote]

Actually that case would not apply, but up here in the frigid north we once had a range officer who ruled that a shooter's glasses were illegal because he had a flip out "loupe" to hold his +.5 lense. The RO contended that a two lens system constituted an optical telescope and was thus illegal. Jury resolved the dispute in favour of the shooter, eventually, as no magnification was evident.

I too cannot see that any optical system mounted on a pair of glasses would aid in the use of iron sights.

Dr Jim
jannypan

Post by jannypan »

Right or wrong, no one will ever check them.Cheap Tera Gold
Runescape Money
WOW Gold
DM613

Post by DM613 »

Now I've managed to sell my current home, which means we are waiting for our mandate is passed (passed from 07/09/10) should not be delayed. The only condition that I received from the WB was to get the value of land / new design house, valued, and then took five months to start collecting money on the basis of my existing mortgage had to be cleaned.
Buy RS GoldTera Online GoldWOW Gold