Problems configuring Megalink target (Model 4K300)

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Jwd000

Problems configuring Megalink target (Model 4K300)

Post by Jwd000 »

Hi everyone,

Our rifle club has recently bought some megalink targets (model 4K300 using the standalone display unit) and we are having trouble getting them configured correctly.

I have the PDF user guides but these are very specific and yet not terribly helpful at the same time.

Hoping someone can offer some suggestions.

I am trying to set the unit up on a desktop so I can check it all works correctly before taking it outside and shooting at it.

Using the instructions, I have set up a demo unit on a desktop

- I have connected the target to the (target end) control box
- the control box to the (shooter end) control box via the long cable
- the (shooter end) control box to the display unit
- and plugged everything in to the powerpoint and switched it on.

- The lights on the circuit boards are blinking
- I have no connection issues being displayed (ie the warning that shows on the display if I disconnect the target unit, disapprears when I plug it back in).

- I am not sure about the requirement to "short" the circuit boards using the short LAN connection cable so this may be the problem

Is there a way to check that everything is working correctly without firing a shot? I have looked at the Suis Ascor targets and they will register a "shot" if you flick the target with your finger (the microphone picks up the noise).

I get no response if I try this with the Megalink targets. Is this a valid test or if there is some other way to check everything is working properly (without having to fire a shot).

Hoping someone has been through this before and has a some useful ideas.

I've also contacted Oyvind in Norway but thought I'd throw the net a little wider.

Thanks in advance

James
Sydney Australia