Shooter's Tour of Germany

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Slo cat

Shooter's Tour of Germany

Post by Slo cat »

I am excited about our imminent departure on this tour. Anyone else on this list sighed up?

Best Regards,
Slo cat
pilkguns
Site Admin

Post by pilkguns »

Marc Orvin and I are sitting at an airport waiting on a train
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Wish I could have made it. That trip was one of the best trips I've ever had. Looking forward to all your pictures. Have a beer and pretzel for me.
Slo cat

Post by Slo cat »

Richard, I was hoping you would again be on the tour, it would be great to meet up with your again. I enjoyed traveling with you last time. I tried to get the Mumby's to go but they couldn't make it.
Regards,
Steve
Marc Orvin

Post by Marc Orvin »

This trip is a hoot. We have had a great time to this point. We have seen some beautiful scenery and have visited FWB and Anschutz and AHG so far. We also took a short side trip to a model railroad exhibit. That turned all of us guys into 8 year old kids again. Have never seen a layout that big.

Even the ladies seem to be enjoying themselves. There is something for everyone on a Pilkington Trip. Tomorrow we will tour Walther and then spend the day touring the old city of Ulm. Those of us who are feeling frisky will climb to the top of the old Muenster Church. Takes a long time, but what a great view.

Last night we visited a gun club established in 1558. The building they are in now was built by the Mauser family in the 1800's. Our shooters and their shooters combined for a friendly match and some great food.

After the match and the dinner, the host club distributed prizes and then Scott and Steve Locatelli presented a few tokens of our appreciation to the club members and officers. The tour group and the club members exchanged great conversation, good times, pins, patches, memories and email addresses.

We are having fun. Wish you were here.
orionshooter

Post by orionshooter »

We are looking forward to many photos guys. Stay safe and enjoy!

Post by Guest »

Am typing on a German keyboard. They have a kez for the Ü, Ö and Ä. The Y and Z keys are reversed too.
Grüß Gott
Slo cat

Post by Guest »

gesundheit
Ulrich Eichstädt

Post by Ulrich Eichstädt »

So, after some weeks gone I look back here into Target Talk, looking for some more comments of the participating users (I've joined the group for one day at RWS in Nurenberg) - and what? Nothing! Were you so scared after using the german keyboard that nobody wrote about the trip?

Or is there another thread that I didn't find yet (this one here was on page 3 already!)

So I better assume that all of you are speechless after visiting beautiful germany, the gun manufacturers, the breweries :) and, the ladies, shopping...

Waiting for more response

Uli from VISIER magazine

In case you all still stay speechless:

Merry Xmas and a happy new year 2012 for all Target Talkers!
Freepistol

Post by Freepistol »

Marc Orvin

Post by Marc Orvin »

Ulrich,
I refreshed the posting with all the pictures so it would come out at the top of the Shooters Lounge section. Hope you enjoy the commentary and the pictures. Sure was good to see you there and to enjoy your company.

Also, thanks for the copies of the magazine. You do a great job of promoting the shooting sports over there.

All the best for a Merry Christmas and a Great 2012.

Marc and Debbie Orvin