Morini CM22 RF help needed

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Greg R

Morini CM22 RF help needed

Post by Greg R »

I find the gun will just click when the trigger is pulled every so often especially when shooting 4 seconds in Rapid. Its not a click where the hammer hits the bullet and doesn't go off, The hammer doesn't strike the bullet, just a slight click click noise each time you pull the trigger.
Any Ideas appreciated.
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

It's an adjustment thing - start by increasing the first stage travel

with luck, David Moore will chime in and recount what he did to readjust mine after an overseas coach played with my CM22M RF
David M

Post by David M »

It sounds like your trigger is not resetting. The clicking you are feeling is the engage bar jumping out of engagement.
Take the grip off the pistol, make sure it is empty, cock and fire the trigger, holding the trigger to the rear. Slowly cycle the slide aft and the trigger should disengage (look thru the hole on the side) and see the hammer push the bar down. Slowly move the slide forward, the hammer should still be cocked and the bar disengaged. Now slowly let the trigger forward and see the bar re-engage, if the trigger cannot go far enough forward the bar will not engage fully.
Re-adjust the trigger travel screw to allow a little more forward travel to ensure engagement.
You should feel a very small amount of free rattle before the engagement, then the first stage sear travel, next the second stage trigger point, followed by the sear break.
The free rattle will help allowing engagement even if you do not fully release the trigger during rapid shooting.
Greg R

Post by Greg R »

Thanks guys for the input, I will give it a go. Cheers.
Greg R

Post by Greg R »

Thanks David and Spencer. I did the changes you suggested and after a few 4 second series today no misfires or clicks like before.
With your recoil set up is there a certain position you have your screw set for, like how many turns back from screwing in as far as it will go.
Thanks
Greg
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

Greg R wrote:Thanks David and Spencer. I did the changes you suggested and after a few 4 second series today no misfires or clicks like before.
With your recoil set up is there a certain position you have your screw set for, like how many turns back from screwing in as far as it will go.
Thanks
Greg
Running both Geco Green and CCI-SV, I set mine so that it just starting to get hard when locking the slide back. I.e. I can just feel the extra resistance when locking the slide open.