LH shooters shooting RH air rifles??

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

oddsonjjf

LH shooters shooting RH air rifles??

Post by oddsonjjf »

Ok,

Have had some great responses regarding questions in the past. So here goes another.
Have a left hander shooting both 10m air and indoor/outdoor small-bore. Shooter is outfitted w/ LH 1907 sb in the process of wanting to upgrade air from club gun (Walther LG300 junior/ambi lever on right side) to personal air rifle.
What is the opinion regarding Ambi/LH air. The cocking levers of LH air rifles (up and down motion to cock (Anny’s/FWB) vs. in and out (steyr)?? Some LH stock air rifles have cocking lever on right side of receiver??? I know Steyr LG110 has true LH lever. FWB LH true left side cocking lever. All $3000+
What are opinions regarding benefits/deterrents of opening & closing the chamber. What hand is best to move gloved hand or trigger hand?? Closing a RH lever a lefty has to go over sights?? Wanting to keep the best position/ little movement as possible?? Options regarding the ambi guns or guns that have conversion abilities??
HELP ME OUT
SRichieR

Post by SRichieR »

On the FWB700 action you can put the lever on either side.
dpg4

Post by dpg4 »

My daughter is a lefty and she does well with her anschutz 2002. The lever is on the right side but the sights set back far enough she flips it up by reaching in front of the sights not over. I would reccomend though if your looking at new guns get a true left handed one then you will never be second guessing.
silentfury214

Post by silentfury214 »

I currently shoot a lh walther lg300xt aluminum and the lever is on the right side. It is really easy to manipulate in standing, but if the shooter is shooting 3-p, prone can be a challenge.
drphysic

Post by drphysic »

I use a FWB700 and load left handed standing, and right handed prone, and have found the vertical action of the FWB allows both without switching the cocking lever from side to side. Not sure that would work with the lateral cocking guns.

DRB