Comments on newer Match Guns MG5e

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
TB

Comments on newer Match Guns MG5e

Post by TB »

Does anyone has experience with newer MG5e free pistols? When I say newer I mean bought within the last year or so. I am seeking opinions about the quality, handling, reliability, feel, etc.
Mark Briggs

Post by Mark Briggs »

I have held and dry-fired a recent MG-5E, and have shot an MG-5 with mechanical trigger from the same vintage. Trigger feel is very much a personal choice, and for my personal tastes I would not spend the extra money on the electronic trigger.

The MG-5 is a lovely pistol to shoot. Even though the grip did not fit me very well, the unit I fired performed well in my hands. I find it an easy pistol to grow accustomed to, and in a very short time I was able to accurately "call" my shots and produce a very consistent grouping. I also found the recoil impulse to be different than most other FP's. It's difficult to describe just how "different", but I would describe it as being a more direct recoil. It's not unpleasant, and in fact I believe this is one of the factors which contributes to the ease with which one can call one's shot with this pistol.

Build quality looks good. My only complaint would be the chamber seems quite tight, making insertion of a loaded cartridge a little more difficult than with some other pistols. I have the same complaint with my Morini CM84E.
TB

Post by TB »

Mark,

Thank you very much for your comments.

About the triggers you did not want to spend the extra money on the electronic trigger. Is it because there is non/little difference between the two or because you just like the mecanical better?
TS

Post by TS »

As Mark wrote, the trigger feel is a matter of taste. I personally prefer the electronic trigger. I bought few years ago a MG5 with mechanical trigger. I was totally happy with it until I tried MG5E. The trigger felt so much better that I just had to buy a electronic trigger unit to my MG5. So now I have both triggers. The difference between mechnanical and electronic trigger is not big and is very difficult to describe. For me it feels that the e-trigger works kind of faster (shorter lock time?). The electronic trigger unit is slightly heavier than the mechanical unit, which makes MG5E more nose heavy.

TS