How can I identify my Anschutz Iron Sights?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Gl17oxford

How can I identify my Anschutz Iron Sights?

Post by Gl17oxford »

I have an Anschutz 1611 that has a set of Iron sights. I bought the rifle used and the sights were on it. I have no idea if they were original. How can I identify what rear and front sight I have?

The rear has adjustable aperture as well as polarizor and color rotatable lenses. The front sight is hooded and has several aperture inserts that are in a plastic disc.
Tim S

Post by Tim S »

First, are these Anschutz sights? Look on the rearsight for the Anschutz name. If these are factory, Anschutz made two rearsights at the time your 1611 was made. The most common (and the one I'd expect) was the 6702 International; this is steel bodied, and L shaped. The windage turret is a little in front of the elevation. The other was the 6705 Standard (a cheaper model mostly fitted to air rifles, and the lower-spec 1407 and M64 rifles); this is made of cast zinc alloy; the windage screw is behind the elevation. Both have nominal 1/6 Minute clicks.

It's possible that a previous owner didn't want an Anschutz rearsight. It could be a Gehmann, Centra, Gates, Warner amongst others.

The rearsight eyepiece is most likely to be Gehmann, Anschutz, or Centra.

The foresight is most likely to be factory, unless marked differently.
Last edited by Tim S on Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
billhocker

Post by billhocker »

A picture would be helpful
JasonM

Post by JasonM »

Yep.. a couple pictures from various angles that show details would probably let the knowledgable folks here give you very positive ID on your sights, and the rest of us just like pictures. :)