Shooting Pants Standing?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

RobinC

Shooting Pants Standing?

Post by RobinC »

Both my wife and I shoot air, not now at any great level (90 average), we use modern stiff jackets and boots but not the pants.
I know everyone at top level wears pants, I also see people below our level wearing them, and we are trying to make up our minds wether it is worth getting some, points, results, outweighed by the hassle of dressing, etc, as at 60 neither has any great national aspiration although we would both like to shoot as well as we can.
Has any one on here shot without pants, then got some and noticed any significant difference in stability?
Robin
pettzi

Post by pettzi »

I often practice without pants,am a bit lazy getting suited up,the next day i often have muscle pain in my back. They provide Plenty of back support thats why they are cut so high.So in that sense they do help my scores just by me being pain free when i wear them.
Pat McCoy

Post by Pat McCoy »

Juniors who I've coached in the past have felt the pants gave them more support in standing than did the jackets.

Perhaps a reason to say they are not legal? But that is another discussion.
randy1952

Back

Post by randy1952 »

pettzi wrote:I often practice without pants,am a bit lazy getting suited up,the next day i often have muscle pain in my back. They provide Plenty of back support thats why they are cut so high.So in that sense they do help my scores just by me being pain free when i wear them.
If your having back pain from shooting the standing position you need to change your shooting stance. You might be leaning back to far your arching your back to much. The other possibility you may have to wide a stance compounded by you doing the over extensions of your back mentioned above.