LP10 grip

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
wessman

LP10 grip

Post by wessman »

Hello,
I shoot with Pardini SP New .22 and large Rink grip, that fits me perfectly. Now I have purchased a Steyr LP10 with original Steyr large grip, but I thought the grip could be a little bigger, it seems minor compared to my Pardini - so is there anyone who's has mounted a large Rink grip on a LP10 and experience that it is larger than the original Steyr large grip?

Wessman
SeaBlue52

LP10 Grip

Post by SeaBlue52 »

Hi Wessman,

No experience with large grips, but I replaced the original medium Morini grip on my LP10 with a medium Rink. The Rink grip fits my hand much better than the Morini grip, but I would not say that it is any larger. I opted for the 7 degree offset (to compensate for reduced range-of-motion in my right wrist from an old injury), and find the Rink does that well.

FWIW, after very slight adjustment, the original Morini medium grip on my CM84e fits my hand perfectly, even though the medium on my LP10 did not. Apparently, different guns mean different configurations of grips (beyond, of course, the wrap-around nature of a free pistol grip).

The large could be totally different, however. Good luck.

Michael
TB

Post by TB »

If a large Rink grip on a Pardini fits you, then the same size will fit you on a LP10.
lastman

Post by lastman »

My experience is that the swell of the LP10 grips is smaller than other. I haven't checked the measurements, but I'd bet my house that the LP10 is smaller than others.

When I got mine it originally came with a medium grip as per all my other pistols. This was too small for me and I got the large size which fits perfectly.

As far as the Rink grips go, check the sizings on their website and that'll tell you which one to use.

Good luck
TB

Post by TB »

In my expirence Rink grips are not the same size between pistol models. I had large Rink grips on my MG2 and LP10 and got the same size for a Unique DES32 I once had. the Unique grip was clearly larger than my two other grips eventhough they had the same size printet on them. I had to get a medium size grip for my Unique.

In the case of the Pardini SP and the LP10 though, I am sure the size is the same. At least on the ones I have handled.
wessman

Post by wessman »

Hi
Thanks for the share out of your experience. I just want to have exactly the same grip and angle on both guns, because I am super happy with my large Rink grip on the Pardini.
Info from my Rink grip "SP22 LLB0d"

Wessman
peterz

Post by peterz »

You could send your Pardini grip to Thomas Rink and ask him to duplicate shape & size except fit it for an LP-10. He can do work like that with his cnc machines.
FredB

the reason is in the code

Post by FredB »

wessman wrote:Hi
Thanks for the share out of your experience. I just want to have exactly the same grip and angle on both guns, because I am super happy with my large Rink grip on the Pardini.
Info from my Rink grip "SP22 LLB0d"

Wessman
One reason your Rink Pardini large grip feels larger than your Morini LP-10 large grip is right there in the Rink code. Your Rink grip is not only large (L) but also extra thick (d). Check out the code description on the Rink website. A Rink LP-10 large and extra thick grip will probably be very close in overall feel to your Pardini grip. You can adjust the angle on the Steyr to whatever you want.

HTH,
FredB
jipe

Post by jipe »

I have several Rink grips for several pistols including an LP10. The grips have all the same size but the rake is not the same on all pistols because the frame of the pistol is different and doesn't allow to have the same rake.

Same for the trigger blade distance that also depend of the pistol frame.

Note that usually when rake increase, the trigger blade distance also increase so that typically you will have a bigger distance with a free pistol than with a standard or even an air pistol.

For the LP10 grip size, the grip of the LP10 changed over time with also change in shape and size -> comparison with the size of the Rink grip will depend of the age of your LP10..