Non-Reloaders what do you use? Who's got the dirt cheap?

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Orion

Non-Reloaders what do you use? Who's got the dirt cheap?

Post by Orion »

Hi,

I don't reload my own ammo at the moment and do intend to shortly.

I've been searching the web for reasonably-priced 9mm 115gr and 45 185gr ammo lately and have come up with American Eagle and PMC Bronze for my M9 and NSKSales.com for my LBC 45.

Any experience with these brands?

Also, Ive been shooting TZZ Israeli Military Industries .45, both in 185/230gr for the last year and although its dirty and cheap, I've had 1-2 duds in 2000 rounds. My dad earned his Distinguished with the same lot in the early 90s. However, his mega-stash began to dwindle (ha!) and the stuff can't be found online.

Any recommendations?

Thanks.
Last edited by Orion on Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
gulliver62

9mm

Post by gulliver62 »

I have shot the Winchester White Box 9mm for a 25yd round several times. Reliable and reasonable.
I have also shot American Eagle .45 in my hardball gun at 25yd with no issues. Had a 95 and a 97 TF last week with it so no worries on accuracy.
I want to try the RWS that is sold by Sportsmans Guide as it is priced right.
I reload but it's good to have some around for those emergencies.
Misny

Post by Misny »

I like Zero Ammo.
Shooterer

Steel cost less than brass

Post by Shooterer »

Has anyone looked at the new Hornady "Steel Match" ammo?
marvelshooter

Post by marvelshooter »

Neil Kravitz (NSK) is a bullseye shooter and knows what we need. He is a regular poster on the bullseye-list and is very helpful to anyone with a reloading question. Highly recommended.
jerryg22

Post by jerryg22 »

marvelshooter wrote:Neil Kravitz (NSK) is a bullseye shooter and knows what we need. He is a regular poster on the bullseye-list and is very helpful to anyone with a reloading question. Highly recommended.
His remanufactured ammo is accurate and reasonable. www.nsksales.com or see him at Camp Perry.
Misny

Post by Misny »

Zero will load ammo in your brass or exchange it. They are top notch in my book and I've dealt with others. See www.rozedist.com
bicohen

Post by bicohen »

I strongly recommend Neil Kravitz (NSK).
Sgt_Gold

Post by Sgt_Gold »

Another plug for NSK here. I'm using his reloaded 200gr SWC round and it's accurate and reliable. For 230 ball I recently tried some RWS and it's the only sub $20 a box ammo I've found that actually groups at 50 yards. Have you tried the American Eagle and PMC at 50 yards? I ask because I haven't found anything other than Black Hills that works for me out of my 92f at 50 yards.