MKIII for bullseye

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

firefirst

MKIII for bullseye

Post by firefirst »

I do not have money just to throw around like a lot of us, but I would like too know just what I can do besides the trigger job, on my MKIII, so I can hang in there with the BIG BOYS, I have shot a high standard, and was not for me I like the feel of my MKIII my MKII was just like it almost, Would grips help I do like the thumb rest and think they do help! MY MKIII has a crowned barrel. I do like the iron sights just like using them any help thanks
CR10X

Post by CR10X »

Get good ammo.
Dryfire, a lot.
That's all you need.
Cecil
Dave C.

Post by Dave C. »

Firstfire:

I shot an out of the box mkII well into the expert class.
Buy ammo instead of guns for awhile and you will improve.

Dave C.
Orpanaut

Post by Orpanaut »

If you're going to shoot iron sights, find a good way to blacken your sights to reduce glare and learn how different lighting conditions change the appearance of your sights. As a general rule, bright sunshine will make the part of the front sight that faces the sun appear thinner so your shots will tend to go toward the sun.

If you really have the itch to customize your Ruger, replacement grips can be worthwhile. When I shot a Mk II I used the Hogue rubber grips and thought they were a good investment for less than $20.

Find some ammunition that
1) You can afford and can get from a reliable source
2) Functions reliably in your pistol - no more than one failure to fire per 200 rounds
3) Groups ten shots well within the ten ring from a rest at 50 yards.

My favorite low cost .22 ammunition is CCI Blazer.
tuj

Post by tuj »

My MK3 likes Federal Automatch, functions well. Wolf MT is good for lubing up the magazines via its Wolf 'snot'.

I would suggest a dot if you aren't set on iron sights. The dot *really* helps.

Also the VQ extractor is cheap insurance for positive extraction and easy to install. I HAD to add grips to mine (the VQ rubber grips and Hogue on the MK2) because I have a hard time gripping the pistol with the stock grips. But that's just me.