FWB Grease?

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

williamN

FWB Grease?

Post by williamN »

Is this FWB's own special blend or just a rebadged product?
kevinweiho

Re: FWB Grease?

Post by kevinweiho »

williamN wrote:Is this FWB's own special blend or just a rebadged product?
Feinwerkbau says that their special grease is used for 'reducing friction and galling at points of high metal to metal pressure', and in another forum it is known as a 'silicone based grease'.

I believe that FWB and Anshütz have their grease manufactured with their own specifications.

I also use Guard Dog Moly GD-525 grease or TS-70 Moly grease with great results.
williamN

Post by williamN »

Thanks!!

moly grease

Post by Guest »

Not a good idea. Moly is hydroscopic, it absorbs water. The city I worked for switched their fleet of trucks to moly grease and 4 years later had to rebuild all the front ends of their trucks. Boots Obermeyer shoots moly bullets and after he shoots, he runs a swab of oil down the bore. He looked for a source for non-hydroscopic moly, but they stopped making it many moons ago. That is why a lot of moly kits use a wax coating after the bullet is mollied.
Chris
kevinweiho

Re: moly grease

Post by kevinweiho »

Anonymous wrote:Not a good idea. Moly is hydroscopic, it absorbs water. The city I worked for switched their fleet of trucks to moly grease and 4 years later had to rebuild all the front ends of their trucks. Boots Obermeyer shoots moly bullets and after he shoots, he runs a swab of oil down the bore. He looked for a source for non-hydroscopic moly, but they stopped making it many moons ago. That is why a lot of moly kits use a wax coating after the bullet is mollied.
Chris
Chris,

I have used the above mentioned moly greases on the linkages of my guns and the internal compression chamber of my Baikal MP46M pistol and i have not yet experienced any problems, considering the fact that I live in Puerto Limon, Costa Rica which is at sea level.

If it is detrimental to use Moly, then i must be really lucky then.

However, I do use the FWB grease on my higher end guns.

Kevin
Misny

Post by Misny »

I use this on my Morini air pistol and FWB air rifle: http://www.shooters-choice.com/syntheti ... rease.html
JSBmatch

Post by JSBmatch »

FWB told me when I visited the factory a few years ago, that their special grease is a SYNTHETIC grease and is acid free. It is the only grease they recommend for lubing the specified parts of the air gun and that also includes plastic/nylon/PTFE on metal as well as metal on metal.
They never said their grease was a silicone grease.
Hope this helps