1813 Anschutz repair question

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

1813Anschutz

1813 Anschutz repair question

Post by 1813Anschutz »

Just replaced the extractor of my 1813 SN001 and now it mis-fires about every 3rd round, yet when I use that bolt in my 54 MS it runs flawlessly, conversely my 54 MS bolt runs flawlessly in my 1813. I am puzzled...any thoughts?

Randy

PS. Tried several tried and proven ammo ( Eley Tenex, Fioochi 320, Lapua Midas and RWS R50 )and it is not a factor. The bolt that had the extractor replaced, mis-fires in the original action with all tested ammo.
KIM

Post by KIM »

Hi Randy,
Try loosening the screws on your Trigger assembly then side the hole trigger assembly back as far as it can go, it will only move about 2mm then tighten the screws up tight. I did this to my 1813, it was doing the same as yours, it has not miss fired for over a year now :) It may not work for you but, if it does, it's cheep fix.
Kim.
willymakit

trigger location

Post by willymakit »

By moving the trigger to the rear, what are you accomplishing? Additional striker spring pressure, longer F.P. fall?
Thank you,
willy
TerryKuz

Post by TerryKuz »

Moving the trigger is a common fix for misfires in the 54 model. You may also want to replace the firing pin springs with the heavy rated Wolf springs. Again this is all a guessing game, but those two actions may fix the problem. I can't see any issues with the extractor causing the problem. Maybe it is just coincidence and the common fixes will take care of the problem. Good luck.
http://www.gunsprings.com/
mangusta

Re: trigger location

Post by mangusta »

willymakit wrote:By moving the trigger to the rear, what are you accomplishing? Additional striker spring pressure, longer F.P. fall?
Thank you,
willy
The firing pin is held further back, increases spring pressure and the amount of time that the spring has to accelerate the firing pin. The 18 series onward have a significantly lighter firing pin that earlier actions (14's etc) so they can suffer from this more easily.

Another factor can also be oiling/fouling in the firing pin channel etc, I had a similar problem occur with my Walther, cleaning and using a thinner oil resolved this, so did moving the sear point back, but that technically changes your lock time (by how many fractions of a millisecond I don't know...)
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

I had exactly the same problem with missfires on my 1813 after dismantling and cleaning (and moving the trigger). I moved the trigger back as suggested and the light / miss fires problem has dissappeared.

Rob.
NikNak

Post by NikNak »

I had a broken firing pin at one time. It would do the same thing .... Since you are dissasembling the bolt to check for lube, you will know if your firing pin is broken....