Anschutz air cylinder - year and serial number ?

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Abi

Anschutz air cylinder - year and serial number ?

Post by Abi »

I have recently acquired 2 air cylinders for an Anschutz 8002. One of them, which has a crack on one end, is clearly labeled with the serial number and year of manufacture (and is affected by the recall).

The other cylinder has slightly different markings on it. I could use some assistance correctly identifying the serial number and year- I'll try posting a photo, but round things are hard to capture on camera.

Thank you for your help,

Abi
Attachments
air cylinder info.PNG
Padawan

Anschutz Air Cylinder Dates

Post by Padawan »

I also have several air cylinders with dates in this format. Rather than saying 2010/01 for example they say 08/02. I don't know which is the month and which is the year. I would assume that the order is the same, but I'd like to verify that...I have 4 cylinders that are expired if the date is backwards from the regularly labeled ones.

I also have a related question, I have an air cylinder that has the date marked out and a new date written next to it. It looks well done, like it was done at a factory, not in someone garage or something. But I've never seen one like this, anyone know why this may have been done?

I've attached 2 pictures, the red cylinder shows the slightly different date style (middle of the third line from the bottom) and the silver one has the mark on it.

Thanks!
Attachments
The date is on the middle line, third form top or bottom.
The date is on the middle line, third form top or bottom.
This one has been changed??
This one has been changed??
Rover

Post by Rover »

In Europe, dates are written with the day first, then month, then year.

Makes more sense than here, eh?