bullseye lava list

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

bullseye lava list

Post by 000245 »

It appears as if the BULLSEYE L LAVA LIST is done..I tried to go to there page and it's no longer there..{PAGE NOT FOUND} Where are we going to get our Bullseye fix?? Surely somebody has to jumpstart this problem!! ha ha
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

I heard that Lava net was bought out by another company. If they are moving servers than it is possible the list might come back up. However, it may have outlived its usefulness. I met a lot of great helpful people on the list but most of them I would have met at matches anyway.
pinbuster

Post by pinbuster »

The bullseye-l forum is still cranking away. I got several "packs" of messages today in my inbox.
waxman

Post by waxman »

john bickar

Post by john bickar »

I'm firmly convinced that Bullseye-L is a goldmine of data for a doctoral dissertation (not mine) in any of a number of fields: sociology, psychology, information science, online communities...

The interaction patterns - let alone the fact that it continues to persist in its current format - fascinate me.
Chris

Post by Chris »

I do agree John 100%

I think a good majority of the users are still on dial up and it serves its need.

I wish it would move to a different format so I could glen the good stuff in far less time. I have not kept up and I think I have 2000+ messages in my one inbox for that site. It is hard to week out the bs like "testing" and "is this down today?"

hope you are doing well

C
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

Chris, I recently changed my e mail for the bullseye list over to a g mail account. G mail makes it much easier to deal with as it automatically files the replies to a topic under the original message. Makes it much easier to find the good stuff and get rid of what you are not interested in. G mail is free. You might try it. Kate
Ken O

Post by Ken O »

I also opened a Gmail account just for the Bulleye list. I just checked it and there are new posts. I agree that a real forum would be much better, Brian Zins tried, but few showed up.

I have dial-up and have no problem with any forum.
Ken O

Post by Ken O »

I also opened a Gmail account just for the Bulleye list. I just checked it and there are new posts. I agree that a real forum would be much better, Brian Zins tried, but few showed up.

I have dial-up and have no problem with any forum.
GunRunner

Post by GunRunner »

The bullseye list was the best source for BE info when i started back in 2001. Now that the archives has been lost, it still has good info its just you have to post up a email and see who responds. Some of the posted info from the old days is still out there i found loading info and a page of topics by Ed Hall that hold great information on many subjects and the bullseye encyclopedia site is still going and great for new or old shooters to check out.