Anschutz coat question

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

coolcruiser

Anschutz coat question

Post by coolcruiser »

Creedmore sports sells a club level shooting coat. Has anybody bought one of these? I wonder how you like it. It seems like a good price from a good name.
http://www.creedmoorsports.com/store/pr ... 368&page=1
Thanks
tenring

Jacket..........

Post by tenring »

I'm sure it would be fine, if it's not they will let you return it. Just order the right size.
Last edited by tenring on Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
randy1952

Re: Anschutz coat question

Post by randy1952 »

coolcruiser wrote:Creedmore sports sells a club level shooting coat. Has anybody bought one of these? I wonder how you like it. It seems like a good price from a good name.
Thanks
I would look at the Monard as I think the quality is a little better at the lower end for about the same price. Anschutz, lower level Thune and Sauer Jackets are basically made in Malaysia or Pakistan. Although the material at the lower end is probably equal the fit seems to better with the Mondard's. The price difference is about the same for their Junior Jackets and if it's for a club the price can be lower. Their standard jackets are only slightly higher ($20). The Mondard cloths are all made in Sweden from the starter to their most expensive cousins. The club here has bought Anschutz and Sauer Jackets last year and the Mondards are still our favorite. That's my two cents I am sure there is someone out there that would have a different opinion.
skylark

Post by skylark »

If you possibly can try it on, I would do so (easy for me to say in the UK where distances are smaller, of course...)

Fit is going to depend massively on your body shape. I walked into a shop last year planning to buy a Monard and walked out having ordered a Thune, because the standard sizes of the Thune fitted me so much better it gave me confidence that the made-to-measure would actually work in that style. The Monard which fitted me across the shoulders was hugely wide just below the arms. But I know a lot of people who've bought Monard and been very happy with them.

If you have an old jacket which fits, could you take measurements off that and ask the shop people if they could measure the jackets they have there for you?

Ouch at a restocking fee when it's something like a jacket which has to fit.
Sawyer

Re: Anschutz coat question

Post by Sawyer »

Randy, you are right about country of manufacture except for Kurt Thune; Kurt only makes clothing at their operation in Finland. That's is why Kurt Thune clothes are more expensive at the low end of the offerings. Ahg and Sauer do have their basic jackets made outside of Germany. They cost little, but as a dealer I've found that they often are quite a good value. They will likely not hold up as long, but the low price point allows a beginner to get in and try the game without spending a fortune.

My company, 10pt9.com, also now offers HiTex clothing in addition to Sauer, Thune, And Anschutz. Each line offers something different. Anschutz also offers a quite inexpensive jacket, made in Europe, that can be made to measure and would retail for about $350 or so. I would encourage anyone looking for clothing to contact me at this email address and we can set them on the right road to shooting clothing that fits well and helps them shoot well.

Larry Sawyer
larry -at- 10pt9.com
randy1952 wrote:
coolcruiser wrote:Creedmore sports sells a club level shooting coat. Has anybody bought one of these? I wonder how you like it. It seems like a good price from a good name.
Thanks
I would look at the Monard as I think the quality is a little better at the lower end for about the same price. Anschutz, lower level Thune and Sauer Jackets are basically made in Malaysia or Pakistan. Although the material at the lower end is probably equal the fit seems to better with the Mondard's. The price difference is about the same for their Junior Jackets and if it's for a club the price can be lower. Their standard jackets are only slightly higher ($20). The Mondard cloths are all made in Sweden from the starter to their most expensive cousins. The club here has bought Anschutz and Sauer Jackets last year and the Mondards are still our favorite. That's my two cents I am sure there is someone out there that would have a different opinion.
supermatch

Post by supermatch »

Is this level of advertising acceptable on a forum sponsored (and paid for) by another retailer of terget shooting equipment?

I find its getting rather tedious.

Its a discussion forum, not a 'Free-Ads' page.
coolcruiser

Post by coolcruiser »

supermatch wrote:Is this level of advertising acceptable on a forum sponsored (and paid for) by another retailer of terget shooting equipment?

I find its getting rather tedious.

Its a discussion forum, not a 'Free-Ads' page.
You make a valid point; however, equipment is a large part of this sport, consequently we all value good sources of supply to meet our needs. I think a proper regard for Pilkington's interests are in order and I look first to his offerings. He has generally granted good latitude for others to sell their products. Of course, as webmaster he is free to screen advertising as he sees fit. my $.02
supermatch

Post by supermatch »

coolcruiser wrote:You make a valid point; however, equipment is a large part of this sport, consequently we all value good sources of supply to meet our needs. I think a proper regard for Pilkington's interests are in order and I look first to his offerings. He has generally granted good latitude for others to sell their products. Of course, as webmaster he is free to screen advertising as he sees fit. my $.02
Agreed, but looking at the previous posters post history shows a level of advertising which is way beyond the norm.

If the members have seen a good deal or had good service (or the opposite), post the link and tell the story of course. I don't think Pilkguns will mind that at all.

But a retailer on the board, linking to his site/email address with almost every post and only contributing to threads were he has a commercial interest I feel oversteps the line a little.
Sawyer

Post by Sawyer »

Supermatch, you make a valid point, although I have been posting here on many subjects for many years, offering my input where I felt it was valid and useful.

The gear used in these shooting events is often complex and sometimes hard to find, as is the information about it. Since I took on a new role last year as a dealer, I've had little time to visit the forums here. When I do pop in, I tend to look for subjects where again, I can offer useful advice.

I've known Scott for years, I buy from Scott, and we get along well. I would never knowingly step on his toes and I believe he would inform me when that was the case.

If the readers of the board would rather not have the information I can contribute about gear, then that's okay too, I can certainly bow out or restrict my posts to non-commercial ones. Sorry to have offended but I'm surprised as well. Not a big deal, no feelings hurt.
-Larry
supermatch

Post by supermatch »

Sawyer wrote:Supermatch, you make a valid point, although I have been posting here on many subjects for many years, offering my input where I felt it was valid and useful.

The gear used in these shooting events is often complex and sometimes hard to find, as is the information about it. Since I took on a new role last year as a dealer, I've had little time to visit the forums here. When I do pop in, I tend to look for subjects where again, I can offer useful advice.

I've known Scott for years, I buy from Scott, and we get along well. I would never knowingly step on his toes and I believe he would inform me when that was the case.

If the readers of the board would rather not have the information I can contribute about gear, then that's okay too, I can certainly bow out or restrict my posts to non-commercial ones. Sorry to have offended but I'm surprised as well. Not a big deal, no feelings hurt.
-Larry
I'm glad you agree with my points.

I'm sure all the board members would be glad for you to contribute on any subject/product you have knowledge of, and I hope you will continue to do so, but it is possible to make a comment without including a free plug.

For example,
"Yes the TECHRO buttplates are very good, I especially like the way the top and bottom plates are on ball joints"

is very different (in my opinion) from

"We, 10pt9, (or whatever it is) have been stocking them for a while, I especially like the way the top and bottom plates are on ball joints. If you would like to discuss the purchase of one please email me to...."

Information and discussion I'm all for, but using the board just as a means to direct people to your site isn't its primary purpose IMO.

All this is just my opinion of course, but if people want to buy one, or want specific information from a dealer we can all use Google.
coolcruiser

hey, good discussion.....but

Post by coolcruiser »

you guys have hijacked my thread and I still don't have an answer to my original question!
supermatch

Re: hey, good discussion.....but

Post by supermatch »

coolcruiser wrote:you guys have hijacked my thread and I still don't have an answer to my original question!
Apologies. In answer to your question, I'll assume the Creedmoor/Anschutrz collaboration jacket is made in the Middle East(you can email them and ask)

It will be a very good starting point. The Anschutz jackets made in Pakistan for example, are more then suitable for the club level shooter.

The German made jackets such as the higher end Anschutz, Gehmann, Sauer and Kustermann etc will be a better, more ergonomic fit, but at a premium price.

If you are starting off, or a club level shooter, the Creedmoor jacket will be fine.

If you progress in the sport, I'll bet you can sell that jacket for 60% of the purchase price and move onto a made to measure German jacket.
coolcruiser

Re: hey, good discussion.....but

Post by coolcruiser »

Apologies. In answer to your question, I'll assume the Creedmoor/Anschutrz collaboration jacket is made in the Middle East(you can email them and ask)

It will be a very good starting point. The Anschutz jackets made in Pakistan for example, are more then suitable for the club level shooter.

The German made jackets such as the higher end Anschutz, Gehmann, Sauer and Kustermann etc will be a better, more ergonomic fit, but at a premium price.

If you are starting off, or a club level shooter, the Creedmoor jacket will be fine.

If you progress in the sport, I'll bet you can sell that jacket for 60% of the purchase price and move onto a made to measure German jacket.[/quote]

I called Creedmore and they were out of stock on my size 40. The lady indicated that these coats were ordered from Germany so they may be made there or elsewhere...I didn't ask. I shoot smallbore in the winter and have been using my Creedmore jacket in mostly NRA and local league matches. I didn't want to invest a lot in the high priced world of smallbore clothing so this coat looked like a good option to allow me to shoot ISU matches. I ordered the AHG...due about May1. Since we have no first hand account to work with I'll try to get back to this thread when the coat comes in to report on it.
supermatch

Post by supermatch »

Yes, Creedmoor will order from Germany where Anschutz operate from but Anschutz will be manufacturing in Pakistan, so it won't be German-made, just posted from there to the US.

Unless Creedmoor/ahg are making the jacket in Germany, which I find unlikely given the price.
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

Anti Threadjack comment: Agree with Supermatch on the clothing.

Comment to Supermatch ... this is a pretty small community and if you do not feel a post is relevant, skip over it. I personally find it informative when vendors get on here and promote in one way or another their goods.
(CMP, USAS, NRA, Pilk, Eric, Neal, Larry, etc)
It's not like the local Walmart or Sportsmans Whse has the goods we need ... gentle reminders are cool with me. I want to know who and where my options are.
I had no problem with it and I'm sure if Scott did he would somehow (???) let him know.

While I've never ordered anything from Larry (yet), I've heard good things from those that have.
supermatch

Post by supermatch »

jhmartin wrote: ... gentle reminders are cool with me. I want to know who and where my options are.
I agree, but the point I made was that using EVERY post you make to advertise, and only contributing to threads were you have a commercial interest is far from 'gentle'

I'm sure Larry provides a good service, I have no personal experience, but looking at his page he seems a very experienced coach.

As such, I'd think he has a lot to offer the forum, but yet only seems to reply to threads were there's a commercial incentive.

I'm sure Scott has no problem with the odd plug by a user who contributes across the whole forum, even in topics where he/she has nothing to gain.

I've been on this forum for many years by the way, only registering when it became necessary to post.