NRA Advanced Jr Shooting Camp

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Paul Davis

NRA Advanced Jr Shooting Camp

Post by Paul Davis »

For those interested in the NRA National AJSC, we are actively working on formalizing the dates with the VT National Guard. Hopefully this will be completed sooner rather than later. Once these dates have been confirmed, I will post it here and the NRA will put it on their web site. At that point, interested athletes can contact Marcus Raab at NRA for the applications which will come to me. The tentative date for applications to be in my hands is 25 May so there should be plenty of time to complete the administrative process.

Paul Davis
Head Coach
NRA NJASC
Frank A. Demell

if you need help with the camp this year

Post by Frank A. Demell »

Hello Paul

If you are looking for any help with this years camp. please give me a call. Years ago I was at King's with Geaorge B and we did a few camps together. Currently, I am helping out the Burlington JR program.

So, let me know if you need any help. I live 20 miles from the range. I know you have contacts here in Burlington, You can contact me either trought them or find me in the tellephone bood. Frank in Jeffersonville VT not Barre.

I look foward to helping anyway posible. I did not add email address to for many reasons.
Leo

Post by Leo »

Is there a similar "camp" for people that were juniors 30 years ago? :) As a starting SB shooter going to a 3 day camp to get schooled would be outstanding... especially if it involved a road trip... not to get in the way of this thread... are there such training options? Thanks, Leo (Michigan)
Soupy44

Post by Soupy44 »

I seem to remember some sort of clinic for adults in the southern PA/Maryland area. That ring a bell for anyone? I remember it being during the summer right before a big match, maybe at Palmyra?
TennJay

Post by TennJay »

I would be interested in an adult camp too.
GCSInc

We could do it in Georgia

Post by GCSInc »

With enough interest, The Ole Mill Range in Griffin GA is up for it.

Roy
(678) 772-8185 cell
peterz

Post by peterz »

I would definitely, definitely be interested in an adult camp with AR and AP so long as it was w/in a day's drive of Washington, DC.

pz
GCSInc

DC to Griffin GA

Post by GCSInc »

548 Miles from NRA HQ Range to Griffin GA (The Ole Mill Range)

Air Rifle, Air Pistol and Smallbore all under one roof.
Guest VT

NRA Advanced Jr. Shooting Camp

Post by Guest VT »

Everything has been finalized. The application has been posted on the NRA website along with all the information about the camp. There is also a link at pronematch.com. The application deadline is May 25,2011. The camp fees for 2011 are $375.00. This fee includes instruction by top-level coaches who are members of the NRA/USAS/CMP National Coach Development Staff (NCDS). It also includes lodging and three meals a day. The remainder of the camp cost is covered by a generous grant from the NRA Foundation. Arrival date is July 10 and departure is July 18. This camp is for smallbore rifle at 50 meters and has a maximum of 20 participants. This will be the 12th year for the camp in Vermont and it is one of the best in the United States !
dlphunter

prone camp in pa

Post by dlphunter »

seitzland rifle club has been holding a smallbore prone camp for 18 yrs . the instructors are George Harris and Dave Cramer for more info contract
Dave Peterson at dlphunter@comcast.net
ust24474vt

Post by ust24474vt »

Bump !!
jannypan

Post by jannypan »

If you are looking for any help with this years camp. please give me a call. Years ago I was at King's with Geaorge B and we did a few camps together. Currently, I am helping out the Burlington JR program. Tiffany Jewelry
Gucci Shoulder Bags
Gucci Sling Bags