Postal matches?

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Capt. William

Postal matches?

Post by Capt. William »

I've been a pistol plinker for years but am trying to get more disciplined and systematic in my shooting. Currently, a friend and I are working on our Expert awards in the NRA Handgun category (the one with the big-bullseye Bianch target LOL!).

Eventually I want to work my way through the NRA's Bullseye Piistol awards.

I also plan to get involved with postal matches. Does anyone know of any postal matches for either NRA Bullseye pistol, international Standard pistol, or International Centerfire pistol?

Jim
pinbuster

Post by pinbuster »

There is a large bullseye pistol postal match that has been running for many years. They send out target backers and shoot a national match course with the .22. I think they take the top 4 scores of your individuals on the team to form your team aggregrate, and they slot your team in an A,B,C,D,E class after the first few aggregates are submitted.

Their website is : http://www.ierpa.org/

The league is well underway right now, but you could hop in for next season.

The invitation for this year's postal matches is here: http://www.wcwi.org/IE/Bulletin/invite.pdf
Capt. William

Post by Capt. William »

Thanks, Pinbuster.

90 years for rifle, 67 years for pistol: they must be doing something right! :-)

Right now, I'm shooting with a friend and we're both closing in on the Expert rating for Handgun. (Yeah, the one that uses the big Bianchi AP target!) I at least - not sure about him - want to try for a high rating in NRA Conventional Pistol as well, and then start shooting postal matches.

Not on any team. . . hmmm. . .

Jim
Finprof

Bullseye postal matches

Post by Finprof »

The United States Revolver Association runs postal matches. There are team matches, where the teams are from the same club , or individual matches. The National Match course for .22 mimics NRA Conventional (Bullseye) pistol,-- it is a 30 shot match - 10 shots slow, 10 timed and 10 rapid. The USRA targets have the same scoring rings as NRA targets.
There is also a .22 slow fire category as well as air pistol, revolver, defense revolver, and snub revolver.
You can find out more at USRA1.org
One of my gun clubs is very active in USRA. We have about 60 people participating in the postal team matches in one way or another and have 2 teams in some of the categories, like .22 National Match.
If you belong to a gun club it would be easy for you and your friend to become affiliated with USRA. Some of the team matches are 3-person teams. You would need only one more person for a team.
Capt. William

Post by Capt. William »

That's great information! USRA sounds like the people I need to get in touch with.

Jim
philip_T

matchs

Post by philip_T »

Good luck on your quals. I am going through the expert portion of the
NRA air pistol 10 meter Distinguished Expert program. Lots of fun
with the .45" 10 ring.
EdM

Post by EdM »

Jim:

Could you post a link to the NRA site that covers the handgun program?

I have seen it in the past but now I cannot locate it with a search. Possibly I'm using the wrong parameters??

Thank you.

Ned
philip_T

A starting point- leads to other places also.

Post by philip_T »

EdM

Post by EdM »

Thank you - and continued success in your shooting.

Ned