Hello from Maryland - Working on getting leg points

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Mike B

Hello from Maryland - Working on getting leg points

Post by Mike B »

I have been reading this forum for several years and always find good tidbits of information that has helped me become a better shooter... so I guess it's a good time to say hello and introduce myself to those that do not know me.

I Started shooting in a 22 only Bullseye league about 4 years ago with a S&W 41 and Marvel conversion, and then I bought a 1911 and became a regular at 12th precinct at their league shoots about 3 years ago. During the last 3 years I have shot about 8 matches a year in MD, PA, DE, VA, and I went to Perry in 2009 and 2010. Both years I shot on the MD State Pistol Team. I hold an Expert Classification for both Indoor and Outdoor Conventional Pistol.

I'm trying now to chase EIC leg points! I got my 1st 4 points in the M9 EIC match at Perry in 2010. I decided to get a David Sams Beretta 92 with all the options, and have one now on order. I'm hoping to hear from others with a David Sams Beretta ball gun to find out if I should have him add more magazines that are tuned to the load he uses, and anything you learned that I can benefit from to properly care for that gun. Until then I will be trying to get as many legs that I can with my 52 year old 1911 ball gun that can keep them all in the 10 ring at 25 yards, but is so so at 50 yards.

Mike Butterfield
swehrman

Post by swehrman »

One thing you might look into while you're waiting for your Sams ball gun is a Kart Easy Fit barrel for your 1911. For around $200 (that is the barrel, bushing, and kit to fit the barrel) you might be able to breath some more life into your current pistol.

-- Scott
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

I know that David Sams tests his guns with Atlanta Arms ammunition. It groups very well. I have no trouble getting any standard magazines to work in my Sams Beretta and I use Winchester White Box almost exclusively for practice and also for the short line. Neil Kravitz (NSK ammo) has worked up some really good loads that work well in Sams Berettas and I have gotten good accuracy with those as well at a substantial discount compared to AA&A which last I checked was going for a little over 50 cents a bullet. (Ouch)
Mike B

Post by Mike B »

Isabel, Thanks for letting me know that the Beretta mags work as is. IRT Neil, I have known him for almost 6 years...we are in the same gun club. Neil is the best source I know for reloading information and providing match ammo to the community for good prices. I've been reloading my own ammo now for about 4 years with a Dillon, and plan to do so with the 9mm ball since I enjoy reloading as well.

Scott, I have a Kart Easy fit kit now and another 1911 project gun in the works...long story...I still need a good slide.