Mannel Rifle experience?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

bill guinn

Mannel Rifle experience?

Post by bill guinn »

If anyone has actual shooting experince with the new Mannel rifle can you give me your thoughts as to this rifles merits and issues. Some questions I have based on the materials I have seen:

Though the loading port is where it needs to be (finally), given the need to fully insert the round into the chamber and the geometry and busy nature of the loading port makes loading appear to be difficult. Looks like they solved one problem but may have created another?

Are you finding its inherent and practical accuracy as good as its competitors (FWB , Anschutz, G&E, Blieker)? Supposed to be 14mm worst case for 4 groups. I really like the 6 o'clock firing pin, should be a bit less sensitive to ammo with this and the vibration dampers.

The rifle is marketed as having great ergonomics, are you finding this to be the case? Adjustments can move around under use, are these firm?

Perhaps its not a Racer or Blieker, but its half the price - as is the FWB and Anschutz. Is the Mannel better for the $?

thanks
enricovolante

Post by enricovolante »

Nice topic,

I had the chance to hold one but not to shoot it.
The good thing I've noticed is that you can adjust the stock without allen keys. The bolt was a little bit harder to operate compared to FWB.

For the moment I have not seen one shooting around the south swiss clubs
BillH

Re: Mannel Rifle experience?

Post by BillH »

Yes, the advice is to avoid the product.

Conceptually it is fantastic....we have had more problems than you can think of. The response from Maennel is to bury their heads in the sand and ignore emails.

An expensive folly.

The next step legal action.
bigbud22

Post by bigbud22 »

Thanks for the update BillH. I was looking into this last year and found someone on the NewZealand boards that was having frustrations with his as well. I went with a new FWB2700 and have been very happy, but the Maennel looked very appealing.