Pardini Buffer

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
ronpistolero

Pardini Buffer

Post by ronpistolero »

Hi all.

My Pardini SP/RF has serial no. B12###. I was told that it need not have a recoil buffer anymore because it has a new slide design. However, I feel that the recoil seems more than the others (of similar models, using the same CCI SV). Does this really need one? If so, does the (green) buffer sit behind in that area where the rear of the slide goes to? I imagine the buffer to be something like an "o"-ring. Is this correct?

Regards,

Ron

David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Have you tried emailing Pardini and asking them?

Because of New Year holidays they might not be open until 4th, but they might be open before that.
j-team

Post by j-team »

To be honest, CCI SV wouldn't be my choice of ammunition for that pistol. Especially if soft recoil is what you are wanting.

Try one of the many good offerings from: Lapua, Eley, Fiocchi or RWS.

The european SV is lower that the US. US .22 ammo is designed to cycle Rugers, Buckmarks etc which themselves are designed to handle HV ammo.

Pardini is a top quality target pistol and is designed to use top quality target grade ammo.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

designed to use top quality target grade ammo
Don't diss CCI SV, that stuff will outshoot a lot of your expensive european target ammo. Got myself a ton of it (US production, was specially imported) when I saw what it can do in my MG2. And the recoil is slightly harder than, say, SK, but less than Fiocchi M320.
j-team

Post by j-team »

Tycho wrote:Don't diss CCI SV, that stuff will outshoot a lot of your expensive european target ammo.
I'd quite like to see the machine rest (not hand held) results to back that statement?
ronpistolero

pardini buffer

Post by ronpistolero »

Thanks for the replies. I like the CCI, apart from it being most affordable and reliable. However, I was comparing the recoil/muzzle flip with another Pardini using the same ammo. I just feel that my gun's flip is noticeably higher.

I did email Pardini and was told that this serial number reflects a newer batch such that the green buffer is no longer needed.

Regards,

Ron
john bickar

Post by john bickar »

j-team wrote:
Tycho wrote:Don't diss CCI SV, that stuff will outshoot a lot of your expensive european target ammo.
I'd quite like to see the machine rest (not hand held) results to back that statement?
I did Ransom Rest testing last spring with a limited supply of CCI SV, Lapua Midas, and Eley EPS, and the two lots of CCI SV grouped the best in my Pardini SP New RF.

I only had one lot of Midas and two of EPS, so it's far from a scientific test, but it was convincing enough that I shot WCH trials and USASNC with the CCI.

25m guns are fickle beasts; you need to test each one.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

john bickar wrote:25m guns are fickle beasts; you need to test each one.
Equally important as accuracy for the ISSF Standard Pistol and Rapid Fire events are the feel of the recoil and functioning reliability.