Hight for 3m reduced Target of AP

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
bijupaul

Hight for 3m reduced Target of AP

Post by bijupaul »

Hi, I made a 3m reduced target for 10m AP, which I thought of, use for putting on wall for dry fire practice. I used downloaded version of Scatt for print it, but I can't find the information on what hight have to put it, I know standard hight of 140cm is not going to applicable for reduced one at 3m, so how do I calculate the hight? Please help.

Biju
RobStubbs

Re: Hight for 3m reduced Target of AP

Post by RobStubbs »

bijupaul wrote:Hi, I made a 3m reduced target for 10m AP, which I thought of, use for putting on wall for dry fire practice. I used downloaded version of Scatt for print it, but I can't find the information on what hight have to put it, I know standard hight of 140cm is not going to applicable for reduced one at 3m, so how do I calculate the hight? Please help.

Biju
You need to know your own height (or the height of the guns sights on aim at 10m) because you are trying to replicate 'normal' position and aiming, and basically triangulate down to 3M. So if your sights are at 170cm then the target at 3M should be at about 160cm.

Rob.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

The easiest way to do this is to get someone to measure the height of your front sight above the ground when you are aiming at a normal 10m target.

When dry firing at 3m the front sight needs to be at the same distance above the ground as it was at 10m. You then position the target to suit.
bijupaul

Re: Hight for 3m reduced Target of AP

Post by bijupaul »

RobStubbs wrote: You need to know your own height (or the height of the guns sights on aim at 10m) because you are trying to replicate 'normal' position and aiming, and basically triangulate down to 3M. So if your sights are at 170cm then the target at 3M should be at about 160cm.

Rob.
Thanks Rob, My sight is at 160cm when I hold the pistol for sub 6 and this is the hight I use for my close blank wall dry fires, so what will be the required hight for 3m reduced target's 'X' hight for use from 3m distance, hope I've not put it in a confusing way.
Biju

Edit :
David Levene wrote: When dry firing at 3m the front sight needs to be at the same distance above the ground as it was at 10m. You then position the target to suit.
This is a good Idea, Thank you David.
bijupaul

Post by bijupaul »

Some where around 155 cm seems to be works for me.