Bloop tube

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Brent Morgan

Bloop tube

Post by Brent Morgan »

where would i find a bloop tube and about how much are they?
Also in your opion would it be good thing to get one or no?
Would it bring up my score by a lot of points like 5 or only 1 or 2.
justadude

Post by justadude »

Brent,

First I assume you are shooting smallbore either prone or 3p.

Whether or not you need or should use a tube depends a lot on your skill level. Lets say you are shooting PR60 and your scores are 540/600 (a 90 avg.) Then you need to improve other things before a tube will help.

If you are shooting say 588/600 (98 average) or somewhere around there then a tube might help you gain a little bit of an edge.

Theory is that tubes are more benefit for older eyes. There are also tuner-tubes that WHEN PROPERLY SET UP will improve the accuracy of the rifle. (This assumes you have an accurate setup to start with, no tuner in the world will fix a bad barrel or bad ammo)

Assuming you are shooting scores where a tube will help it would only likely help by a point or two. Even without tubes the current rifles are quite good. It is hard to simply "bolt on" lots of point. Really, with modern equipment performance is up to the shooter.

Eric Uptagrafft http://uptagrafftllc.com/ has a line of tubes and tuner tubes. There are others.

'Dude
BJ

Post by BJ »

Brent,

I also make custom bloop tubes, however, I use carbon fiber instead of aluminium. Carbon fiber has the advantage of making the tubes extremely light, so as to have minimal affect on the balance of your current setup.

Send me an email at carbonfiberblooptube@gmail.com and I can send you some pictures and more information.

Brian
jsealc21

bloop tube

Post by jsealc21 »

No, I'm neither famous,nor that good,but i have one of Brian's bloop tubes....well made,indeed,and extremely light.A great guy to deal with. just MHO.
Roodaddy600

Post by Roodaddy600 »

Nothing against brians tubes, Ive never used nor seen one, but I can vouch for Eric Uptagraffts tubes. He uses one with great success as well as many other members on the international rifle team. His are very well built and very reasonably priced as well. His are very light as well.

Shane B.
Levergun59

Post by Levergun59 »

Brent,
It depends on the length of your barrel and bloop tube. If you have a 20"barrel and a 10" bloop tube it would be the equivalent of using a 6X scope compared to a 9x scope. You can discern a greater amount of wobble that you wouldn't have seen in the shorter aiming platform and hopefully you can make corrective steps to reduce the target dance and improve sight alignment and break the trigger on target. I find that it allows me to refine my hold and a lot of shots that I would have called out actually cut the line. Boots Obermeyer claims that outdoors a bloop tube seems to accurize a rifle. Whether the bullet has 10" of no wind conditions as it exits the muzzle and allows a bullet a little room to stabilize is just conjucture on my part. Boots records every shot and logs it in a notebook and he would have the records to back this assertion up. Hope this helps.
Chris