Stolen Anschutz barrel (by FedEx employees)

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

solid7

Stolen Anschutz barrel (by FedEx employees)

Post by solid7 »

Just a warning to everyone - take extra precautions when shipping. After my recent debacle with Ten Ring Service, upon return shipment of my merchandise, someone at FedEx slipped a razor in the end of the container that my barrel was being shipped back in, and removed said merchandise. There were 2 barrels, each in an individual cardboard tube, and the 2 were taped together. One was a heavy target profile, and they took the lighter. It felt heavy, so I didn't notice at first that one of them was missing.

There was no insurance added by Ten Ring on the return shipment. However, we are currently taking FedEx to task, as this was a next day air shipment, (with delivery signature required) so there was virtually no chance that anyone else had access to it.

Please make sure you cover all of your bases when shipping. And if any of you are in the Orlando or Jacksonville area, please let me know if you see any "deals" on take-off barrels for a 1970 vintage 64 Match barrel. (pawn shop, craigslist, etc) It would be VERY ironic if one of these was for sale by someone in these locales who might also work for FedEx.

The matter is being referred to law enforcement.
Only10x

Post by Only10x »

good luck. keep us posted. I hope fedex does the right thing...