2213 alum. blue stock

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

2213 alum. blue stock

Post by Guest »

How blue is "blue" ?

I've been looking at pictures of the Anschutz 2213 stock, on both the 1907 and the 1913, in catalogs and online. It appears there is a huge amount of variation in the amount of blue- some seem to be all blue or blue/grey, while others are blue/natural, or only a small sliver of blue in the laminate.

(Here is a picture of a really blue one, but its a stock photo. Does this exist?)

http://www.champchoice.com/images/weblarge/2016875.jpg

What do these look like in real life?

-Abi
Brian Carstensen

Post by Brian Carstensen »

They are referring to the wood grips and cheekpiece, the stock its self is silver, the red and black stock, has black wood pieces and a red alu stock. What you see is exactly what you will get.

Post by Guest »

Thanks for your reply, Brian.

Unfortunately, it is untrue that what you see is what you will get. What I am referring to in the variation of the blue, which differs from the black/red stock, for example, is that the blue 2213 stock is laminate. Natural and blue wood layers are stuck together, and then the shapes are cut out for the hand grip, cheek piece, raiser block, and front grip. The amount of blue will vary depending on the thickness of the laminate layers and how it is cut. Most of the photos on dealer sites are stock photos, not the actual rifle for sale.

For example, here is a pic of one rifle that is way more natural-colored than blue. This stock is apparently sold as the same stock item as the rifle in my first post.

http://www.targetshootingproducts.com/s ... 1.6875.jpg

These blue 2213 stocks have been discontinued, as everything seems to be either wood stock or the new precise...but I'm just infatuated with the blue...

-Abi

Post by Guest »

The stock with more blue in the wood was the first 'blue' released. It was then changed to the blue/natural variation that you now see. Less blue in the laminate.

The blue/natural colour 2213 stock is still available from Anschutz, but the older stock, with more blue, isn't.

Post by Guest »

Well, at least I know I'm not going crazy. Any idea of when the changed happened, or in general, how long has this stock been manufactured? I'm guessing it would be hard to find an original blue one at this point, at least in pristine condition.

-Abi
dpg4

Post by dpg4 »

You are correct there are two different blue stocks. Bought one like your first photo link from Champions Choice in 2009 with a 1907 LH
Paul

Post by Paul »

Abi,

A few years ago, I was dreaming, just like you, of these beutiful blue stocks. I placed an order for one of these for my 1913. I was really dissapointed when I opened the box ! As you can see on the pic, it was much more green than the expected blue....Nevertheless, I always liked the fit of this stock and it's still the one I use in competition...

Paul
Globesmasher17

Post by Globesmasher17 »

Paul:

That's a nice looking rig.

Post by Guest »

Paul's looks green, turquoise,blue, black...but not *blue*, not even blue/natural. Thanks for understanding my "aesthetical" problem. Nice to hear the stock fits though.

Interesting to know that the more-blue one was purchased in 2009, I thought they were long gone. There are 2 1907s left at CC, and he won't send me a pic...talk about a gamble.

-Abi
Roodaddy600

Post by Roodaddy600 »

I'd be more worried about if I could shoot well with the stock rather than the color. Afterall they are SHOOTING competitions, not who has the bluest or prettiest stock. If I could win with a beat up telephone pole as a stock I would do so, winning is more important than having the nicest looking gun. just sayin....

Post by Guest »

Suspect Abi is femail? As the husband of a lady rifle shooter I can well understand, when she had a new rifle my wife was more concerned by the colour of her rifle than any other factor, she still shoots 100's though! perhaps its a confidence thing?
You search for what you want Abi.

Post by Guest »

Yup, I'm female (Abi is short for Abigail), but that shouldn't matter. The earlier poster, Paul, was also disappointed by the product he received as it was not as advertised. That is my main concern here, is whether there are two marketed items or one. Many of the online companies seem to all use the same stock photo, which is a misrepresentation of the product that is offered. If one was to order a shiny red sports car, and have it show up pink, I would think it would be disappointing.

-Abi
Brian Carstensen

Post by Brian Carstensen »

Why not paint it to your favorite color? It's not hard to do and if you do it right it looks great.