1913 / Percise Stock.... getting to know you?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Leo

1913 / Percise Stock.... getting to know you?

Post by Leo »

Folks, anyone shooting at 1907-13 and the percise stock... mine came today and I'm in awe. Like to understand steps you used for a brand new rifle - cleaning, focus areas, torque settings... did you keep the hard case or store for future use.

Should be fun... Michigan in the winter - lots of time.. thanks for the help.
tenring

Post by tenring »

I'm so jealous....Please keep me informed as to how it works out. I'd love to get one for my 1813. Just cant afford it yet. But maybe sometime down the road. Would you be getting rid of your 1913 stock???? PM me if so.

It should be very nice to get to know.
Shooterer

Well????

Post by Shooterer »

OK Leo, it has been a month. Tell us what you think of the precise stock.
Leo

Post by Leo »

It's been fun! I was thinking of dedicated prone - but with this new rifle I'm working on my 3P setups and the the ease of adjustment and the range of adjustment compared to my 1907 stock is remarkable. There are four clear "wows" - I enjoy the narrow prone hold on the support hand - better connection, the cheek piece height is the best - macro/micro adjustments while in position. Rotation of the pistol grip is the second "wow" and having the vertical range of the but plate is the the third... issues to consider for the next edition - the handstop rail is a fraction too narrow - as I have to fight with my bipod rest every time, and the various stops leave marks on the stock for the screws... also and this may require further discussion - there is no "bar" to rest the action into - only a pin -- 1913 shoots better than I do - but to be honest I enjoy the set up -- 4 months of winter left to fine tune my notes for the various set ups... I'll hope to post photos soon. :)
Shooterer

Post by Shooterer »

I just picked up my new 1913/precise yesterday. What do you guys recommend to clean the preservative (cosmaline?) off the rifle?

Did I mention that WOW is the correct term.
Leo

Post by Leo »

I just used Hoppes and cleaned the bore well... coach and team are going to clean the trigger on Sunday... so for, so good... great improvement over my 1907 wood stock... very please. :)