MG4 and MG2 RF

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
New to Matchguns

MG4 and MG2 RF

Post by New to Matchguns »

Hi,

I have just ordered a new MG4 and a new MG2RF.
Does anyone have any advise on what loads are reccomended for the MG4 and whill CCI SV be OK for the MG2 RF?

Also, are there any warnings associated with these models?

Thank you
brakarzac

Post by brakarzac »

I am the in the same boat, I should receive mine in 2 weeks. ANy feedback will be helpfull.

Cheers
TomAmlie

Post by TomAmlie »

My MG2 has never met a round of ammo it didn't like.
Leon

Post by Leon »

My MG2RF groups phenomenally well with CCI SV....

Highly recommended...
RJP

Post by RJP »

SK Pistol Match in my MG2RF. After the first 500 rounds, no malfunctions at all for the next 5000 rounds.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Using CCI SV in my MG2, as well as SK Standard. SK somewhat slower, might be better for RF. CCI gives better feedback. Both work flawlessly if gun is more or less clean. Most MG2 will eat every kind of fodder, but not all of them. CCI SV is pretty long, be cautious when filling the mag, or you-ll have five rounds flying around.

My MG4 likes slow ammo very well, even if Stefano says that the groups are shot with fast stuff like Lapua. I'm currently using 1.25gr N310 behind a 83grs Lapua HBWC, but it will even cycle with 1.0grs N310. Haven't done any 50m tests, but so far it looks as if the long barrel and heavy slide result in a very precise and ammo-unsensitive pistol.
brakarzac

Post by brakarzac »

OK,

Just picked up my MG2 RF and will be heading to the range tomorrow.
is there anything I need to be aware off before using, apart from reading the user manual first?

Also, I have heard there is a trick to clearing jams, is that true and is it easy?

Cheers
RJP

Unloading the MG2

Post by RJP »

Yes there is a "trick" to unloading an MG2 that is not fully explained in the manual. Try this to unload your MG2:

1. Put the safety (dry fire device) on safe (push to the right).

2. Remove the magazine without putting your hand in front of the muzzel.

3. Lower the front of the pistol and let the cartridger sitting on the BIL (Bullet Insertion Lever) slide foward out of the vacant magazine passageway.

4. Assuming you are right handed, carefully retract the slide part way with the left hand and rotate the pistol so that the right hand is now on top. Lift up on the extracter with you trigger finger and let the cartridge in the chamber fall out the left side of the action. When you retract the slide part way, only retract enough so that the BIL does not lift up and block the cartridge from falling out of the action.

It sounds more complicated than it is in real time, but give it a try, of course, with the muzzel always pointing in a safe direction.

It works for me.