Mini Palma...anyone?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

weilers

Mini Palma...anyone?

Post by weilers »

Hi all,

I've come across a new match format called Mini Palma. As best as I can tell, it's course of fire that uses rimfire rifles, shooting at reduced 800, 900, and 100-yard Palma targets at 100 yards. It appears to be popular in the Midwest and Pacific Northwest.

I've done some searching online but can't seem to find any unified rules or regulations on the format, course of fire, regulation targets, etc. The NRA doesn't seem to know anything about it, neither does the CMP.

I was hoping somebody, anybody knows more about it.
henry1

Post by henry1 »

we use the scaled down targets at 50.yards and 75 yards and 100.yards if there not enough space on the range and if we are at one person range we do it at 100.yards and 150 yards and 200.yards with a 22lr rifle

also we do it with air rifle with the scaled down targets at 10.meters and 15 meters and 20. meters if we have the range ..

where we shot at one person out in L.a we shot at the 10 meter mark for that all the room ..so our shooting was all done in the 10 meter mark..

love shooting mini palma ..
henry1

Post by henry1 »

the rules and course of fire are the same as regular palma rifle match ..
TomN

Post by TomN »

I have done it a few times and it is fun. Typically fired in three 15-shot strings on a single target, with the black scaled to simulate the increasing distance. (The actual firing distance is 100 yards, and the black gets progressively smaller to simulate 800-, 900- and 1000-yard distances.)Often there are 2 fired stages, iron sights and scopes, with the aggregate as the match winner. There are limits on sighting shots after the 800-yard stage.

It seems to me that there are more shooters in these events, as there is overlap between the high-power and smallbore crowds. They can be highly competitive, but I find the atmosphere to be a bit more relaxed. Also, as there are fewer shots fired, it is more accessible to individuals who have trouble completing 160-shot courses.
Tanktrek

Mini-Palma Match

Post by Tanktrek »

Our local Public Range runs one match a month.

We shoot it at 100 yards.

2 - simulated 800 yard targets - 10 shots each in 20 minutes
2 - simulated 900 yard targets - 10 shots each in 20 minutes
2 - simulated 1000 yard targets - 10 shots each in 20 minutes

Great fun, we devide it up into two classes, Iron Sights and scoped rifles.

I can e-mail you the targets that we use if you or anyone else would like them.

Ron
henry1

Post by henry1 »

we use the standard open match sights on the rifle along with that the standard match rules of a regular palma match with course of fire..

i love useing the air rifle for mini palma for it a lot of fun in my book ..