AP shooting video

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
zuckerman

AP shooting video

Post by zuckerman »

Howdy,
I want to watch a video of the top 5 guys shooting a series of several shots, uninterrupted. I've seen the ISSF videos, but they cut away from the shooters, or have graphics splashed over the shooters, or show views of the crowd watching the shooters. I just want to see the guys shoot, see what their foot placement is, how they set up the shooting table, what they do before, during and after a shot, how long they take to shoot, what they do when they abort a shot, how they do the whole shot sequence, see the variations that naturally occur between shooters and compare them. traveling to a meet is not on my agenda, at least not yet, so a video of a shoot is gonna have to suffice.
Philadelphia

Re: AP shooting video

Post by Philadelphia »

zuckerman wrote:Howdy,
I want to watch a video of the top 5 guys shooting a series of several shots, uninterrupted. I've seen the ISSF videos, but they cut away from the shooters, or have graphics splashed over the shooters, or show views of the crowd watching the shooters. I just want to see the guys shoot, see what their foot placement is, how they set up the shooting table, what they do before, during and after a shot, how long they take to shoot, what they do when they abort a shot, how they do the whole shot sequence, see the variations that naturally occur between shooters and compare them. traveling to a meet is not on my agenda, at least not yet, so a video of a shoot is gonna have to suffice.
I think watching good shooters shoot is like watching artists paint a masterpiece or watching a concert pianist play. You don't really learn that much about what they are really doing and really thinking by watching. If you enjoy watching, great, but you won't learn much about how to paint a masterpiece or compose an opera by watching performances.

You have to talk to them and unless they are also as good at coaching as they are at shooting, even that likely won't tell you what you want to know.
zuckerman

Re: AP shooting video

Post by zuckerman »

Howdy,
I'm not looking to learn how to shoot from watching the best of the best shoot, I want to look at differences in shooting technique by the best of the best.
and watching precision AP >is< like watching paint dry, especially the issf videos...do a marathon of issf sometime, it gets pretty boring pretty fast if you are looking for subtle differences, and that is what I'm looking for, the subtlety...
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

A good place to start is the issf website that shows video of all the word cup finals, including air pistol. The website is below.
For what it is worth, I understand your reasons for wanting to watch the best in action.. I have found the videos very helpful in many ways, as well as entertaining. p.s. you will need adobe flash player [ no good if you have an i pad. ]

www.issf-sports.org/tvplayer.aspx
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

Get yourself along to a big competition and observe it for yourself. You're very unlikely to get a video covering all the bits you mention.

Rob.
Ricardo

Post by Ricardo »

A nice collection of videos is available at TargetShooting Canada (just Google).

I'd like to add my opinion that I find the attitude of too many forum members a bit unpleasant: too many times members "reply" by not answering the question and suggesting that the question itself is wrong. C'mon, guys. If someone wants to watch a video let him/her do whatever and keep your smarmy, condescending attitude to yourselves. If you think the asker is barking up the wrong tree you can reply by first giving the requested info and then SUGGESTING that, if your ASSUMPTION is correct, they may benefit some other way. Be constructive.
vin

I agree,

Post by vin »

It's tiresome to post with so much negativity...
superstring

Post by superstring »

Ricardo wrote:A nice collection of videos is available at TargetShooting Canada (just Google).

I'd like to add my opinion that I find the attitude of too many forum members a bit unpleasant: too many times members "reply" by not answering the question and suggesting that the question itself is wrong. C'mon, guys. If someone wants to watch a video let him/her do whatever and keep your smarmy, condescending attitude to yourselves. If you think the asker is barking up the wrong tree you can reply by first giving the requested info and then SUGGESTING that, if your ASSUMPTION is correct, they may benefit some other way. Be constructive.
+2 A negative/condescending attitude just discourages people from asking questions. You may think a poster is asking an obvious or misguided question but, hey, who hasn't asked such a thing (or 2) sometime in their career?! If this forum were only populated by "experts" with all the answers and no questions there would be no need for it to exist.
2650 Plus

Post Subject

Post by 2650 Plus »

Should I become guilty of this ie ignoring the orriginal post and inserting a smart axx answer. Every one and anyone is most welcome to post a rebuff. I certainly would appreciate .it. Good Shooting Bill Horton
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Mr. Zuckerman I think the answer to your question is videos like that don't really exist. The best available is what you've already seen at ISSF TV which don't seem to meet your needs. As at least one other has suggested your next best solution is to attend a WC, but even there you might not get to see as much as you'd like.