RWS Hobby

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
vin

RWS Hobby

Post by vin »

Hi,

I've been doing some pellet testing and found that RWS Hobby's seem to shoot ok in my Benelli Kite Young. And the cost is very low, $45 shipped for a sleeve. But I will not buy them again. The amount of lead flakes per 500 pellets is veryhigh compared to Vogal. A tin of Vogals seems to have about one flake per five inch circle on a paper towel. The RWS had about two hundred.

I did comparison because there was so much lead on my shooting table.

Cheers,
Vin
Rover

Post by Rover »

Funny, I can't recall having any flakes with the 30,000 Hobbys I've shot lately, but if there were....so what. Just don't eat them.

The price is really right, isn't it? But if it isn't, you'll get equal or better performance with RWS Diabolo Basic even cheaper.
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

Just don't eat them.
I nearly fell off my chair laughing.

Post by Guest »

Rover wrote:Just don't eat them.
So that's what I've been doing wrong. D'oh!

Seriously, my Kite loves RWS Hobby pellets. It's not nearly as fond of Diabolo Basics. The IZH-46M likes the Diabolo Basics, but spreads out with Hobby's.

I guess the point is, that each gun's performance depends on finding the ammunition that functions and holds the tightest group.

As for the flakes, wash your hands after shooting.
joker

Post by joker »

The amount of lead detritus is an important point to consider. Whilst it is easy to wash hands, a lot of the muck can be carried into the gun when loading and gets blown down range where it contaminates the floor over a long period and is difficult to eliminate. It gets walked onto footwear and distributed where it should not be.