50 yard smallbore target size

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

TEN DOT

50 yard smallbore target size

Post by TEN DOT »

I just got my smallbore rifle today and don't know much about smallbore. I have shot 10 meter air rifle for many years. I want to know what the size of the 50 yard smallbore target. So that I could start getting the sights close and know what the sight picture would look like.
Pat McCoy

Post by Pat McCoy »

TomN

Post by TomN »

I find that the sight picture looks very much the same; that is, a black bull inside of the concentric rings of the sights. I know that's not much help, but I think you will find that you do not need much help. As far as getting your shots in the black, if you are in the black at 50 feet, you'll be in the black at 50 yards. If your smallbore rifle/sights are new (brand new or new to each other, such that they have never been zeroed before) you may find it easier to get "on the paper" if you set your target closer to the firing line, like 50 feet or 25 yards, until your shots find the black.

Good luck. I hope you enjoy the smallbore game.
Mesa

50 yd target

Post by Mesa »

You won't have a problem with your sight picture at 50 yd. all the targets are graduated in size to look the same in the sight's,be they 10 mtr, 50 yd 50mtr or 100 yd, they all look the same in the sight,