Suspenders for shooting best vs belt

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

ZD

Suspenders for shooting best vs belt

Post by ZD »

I have been using suspenders for years. However, I am considering switiching to a belt to see if it will be more comfortable on my shoulders and trapezees muscles. I am also tired of them not staying on my shooting pants. However, before I do so, does anyone have any experience using a special shooting belt (looped through the shooting pants) instead of suspenders? Any comments of comfort or consistency or lack there of would be appreciated.
Forget X's

Post by Forget X's »

I saw a rig that was a suspender type but only used the loop on the non shooting shoulder so it let the shooting shoulder be more "free" and not bound up or pulled upon. About just under mid chest level from the shoulder loop portion was a cross chest and around the back "suspender" then clipped on the the pants at the same 4 point a normal 2 shoulder loop suspenders. It kinda looked like a set-up from out of swiss/german/austrian/bavarian folk dance get up minus the second shoulder loop and with the cross chest around back connections.

On the linked page (scroll down) you seen an example but the rig I saw was not as fancy of course, more simple in nature.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lederhosen